Tip For Rookie Hubbies

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago

I'm seeing a lot of new Hubbers in the forum lately so I thought I'd offer up some starter tips. I'm by no means an expert at this stuff but I have learned a few things that may help you with SEO and Google traffic: (this is a bit long so if you don't like long posts you probably should click out of here smile and it is written for complete newbies but anyone could use it I assume.

1. Your title

should be focused on your hubs theme. I would suggest that you sketch out your hub in word or a text editor before even creating the new hub, as you can't change the url title of your hub once you created it. You can change the title of your hub but this doesn't change the url (and the url is what's important in Google).

Sketch out the basic hub concept a rough draft if you will. Read it over and figure out a 4 word keyword phrase that would describe the hub's purpose. Keeping in mind that this will be what someone Googling your hubs topic would put in the search engine to try and find this information.

Once you get this figured out go create a new hub but use this "keyword phrase" in the title.

i.e. if your hub is about how to kiss use a phrase like "how to kiss" but when you write your title use this phrase in a sentence like:

"Great tips on how to kiss on the first date"

2. Capsule usage and SubHeadings and Keyword Saturation

Now you have your title squared away and your keyword chosen, integrate your rough draft into the hub using at least 4 text capsules and 4 picture capsules. Separate the context into a new capsule about every 2-4 paragraphs. Google loves those heading tags that show up when you write the heading at the top of your capsule, the title part that bold prints when you publish the capsule into the hub.

You want to use your keyword phrase in at least one of these headings but don't use it in all of them. In the context of your hub (the words) you will want to use the keyword phrase at least 6-8 times (if your hub is about 700 words or less my rule of thumb is at least one instance per 2 paragraphs of 4 lines each about).

This is called keyword saturation, don't go overboard in this but this helps set the theme of your hub and matches the context with the title and subtitles (text capsule titles) which helps Google rank you but more importantly this will help you get the most targeted ads to your hub. Most hubs get bad targeted ads because they don't use enough SEO (search engine optimization) this is a simple trick to use to help them along (the more targeted your ads are the more chances they will click an ad, this is called conversion turning organic traffic into click through traffic (organic is traffic that doesn't click but just reads the hub).

A few additional tricks:

a.) Rename your pictures before uploading/importing them into your hub. Use the keyword phrase or other terms highly relevant to your hub. Just like you pick your pictures to match your hub your pictures should be named (the actual name.jpg part not the labeling, title, or sub(under picture) text, I'm talking about the actual picture name before uploading) to bring in traffic from images.google.com. You can get alot of good traffic this way.

b.) use the keyword phrase in your picture title (don't over due it, I'd use it once in 4 pictures but use other words to differentiate it from the title or subheading, i.e. if your articles title is "Great tips on how to kiss on the first date" and you have a sub heading of "How to kiss a guy on the first date ladies" and another of "How to kiss a girl on the first date guys" (cleaver way to use two subheadings with keyword phrases) then your picture title could be "Learning how to kiss passionately can save your relationship" and a picture of a passionate kiss or something...

c.) Use the keyword in all of your pictures sub text (that text that you put after you import the picture that shows up under the picture) but be cleaver about it so it's not obvious, but don't use it on the picture directly under your use of the keyword phrase.. its best to put a nice chunk of words before and after the keyword phrase here to cloak it.

Important note:

The use of the keyword phrase in the picture title, picture subtext, subheading (title used in the text capsule) and in the body of the hub (actual context) all count towards the 10 instances of using the keyword phrase. When Google reads your hub it will count the number of times a word is used, (more than 3% is bad so be careful) so don't use more than 10 instances total, and keep usage as evenly spread across the hub as possible.

There are no static rules about this, you can use it only in the body if you like but be sure to use it in the title of the hub this is important (the original title creates the url if you change your title later that's fine just keep the keyword phrase part of the new name, the most important part is in the url)

When I do it I generate the url as just the keyword phrase, then I rename it after I save it unpublished, this gives me a nice long tail keyword that makes the url short, and I can create a better name for the hub once I finish it.

Good luck on your hubs... If you think this is useful you should copy this post and print it out, this is what I'm going to be doing on all my future hubs as basic SEO practice.

Jerrico

p.s. a great tool I use to balance out my hubs context (you don't want to over use any of the words in your keyword phrase either, i.e. if your keyword is how to kiss, you want to be sure that you don't use "how" or "to" or "kiss" more than 3% of the time. some words don't count in fact I think how and to are ok to use as much as you want, but "kiss" you should be careful with. I use this tool:

http://www.live-keyword-analysis.com

I just found out about it tonight, its free you just put your keyword phrase into the keyword boxes, You put (using the above keyword example) how in the first box to in the second and kiss in the third (make sure NO spaces are before or after the words) then paste your hubs context (I do it one text capsule at a time) into the big box. It will automatically (even as you write if you like) calculate the saturation based on how many words are in the body.

Hope this helps.

Jerrico

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well as a newbie rookie  cookie  or a NRC.......( I just made that up )....lol
      Thankyou for taking the time to write the above ,obviously you thought about it ,and wanted to  pass the info on.
      It was written in easy speak language and I get the feeling you would be as helpful if approached.......
      I agree it would also make a good hub although I would probably never have found it that way , so thanks for posting it this way......
      I know im not the only one who doesnt get what techie talk is all about ( I mean URL sounds like some dangerous sly terminal urine infection)........lol........ and dont always have hours to sit in front of a computer and figure it all out.
      Tracking ID's......copy n paste this to that .....ok is that a header or a footer ,nope must be a footer thats on the bottom of the body right...yep....link? where ......oh Im already here so does that mean ....nope it dont ...I gotta go back......oh crap the mac's burning no thats not a PC that was dinner.....hahahaha........now where was I...sigh ..check mail ,calm down .......but theres something in there from amazon iv been approved ...woohooo......click here......oh crap im back to the same maze again.......lol........make some popcorn ( cuz I burned dinner )...watch a movie...hubba bubba........have a good day ............see ya....

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jerrico,
        Thank you as although I have been doing this for a year it is always nice to gather information so that they page can improve I could use this valuable information as I am trying to reach a HubsScore of 99-100 and it seems like I float between 92-95 so thanks again. smile

Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your very welcome smile

2. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thats wrong, not bad just a waste of time on hubpages. if you check the source of any hubpage with images and search for "jpg" you will notice that every image has a random name which is obviously assigned by HP. If you think about it that would have to be the case otherwise how would they distinguish my "make money on hubpages" image from yours?

You know Lissie I thought that at first too however, I couldn't figure out why I was getting the top spot in images.google.com for keyword phrase "hubpages logo" for all my pictures I named "hubpageslogo.jpg" "hubpages_logo.jpg" and so on..try it you'll see alot of my hub pictures (linking to my hubs on how to write a good monetized hub etc..) I right clicked the picture to see if my dad had named his pictures right and got a numerical name like 876778.jpg... but I couldnt let it go.

Heres what I think happens.

When you publish the images to your hub it gets somehow documented (the name) and the picture name on the hub itself (for the public) is converted to that numerical value possibly so nobody can rip your picture and post it by the same name there by taking your traffic.. I could be wrong, possibly I just used :hubpages logo: in the subtext alot... this is something I will experiment with in future hubs. Our pictures do get indexed in images.google.com however so I think I'm right on this, my pictures are linked pretty well to hubpages and hubpages logo (someone once asked me why I wrote so many hubpages how to hubs, well this was one reason and it seems to work to bring traffic to my general account)... its a learning experience...

the irony is that the picture on google is the numerical value.jpg as well, but then how does the keyword phrase "hubpages logo" give all those pictures top ranking? (usually what shows up are the star trek parody pictures and others from other learning hubs on hubpages)

Jerrico

1. Lissie profile image75
          Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Theres nothing terribly sophisticated about what the google bot sees: they just see basically what is in the source and the source doesnt have the original jpg's name.  You are over complicating it there is no point in renaming the image itself before you upload it. 

It is NOT however a waste of time adding captions because these are used for both the alt text and the image title are populated with the text you add to your caption.  That's how google is finding your images.

For anyone who has never looked at the source code of a webpage go to a hub select view/source in your browser and you will see a whole lot of code.  Don't be scared it doesn't bite.  Depending on your browser it helps to go to view and ask it to wrap long lines. The top stuff is all Dutch to me but  if you scroll down you will see your hub's text and if you go find (ctrl-F normally) and type in the find box "jpg" you will see your images.  You will also note things like titles/headers etc - they are the keys for google to know what the page is about

That may  be so but renaming pictures off of hubpages does definately have value, so teaching people this is not in any way a waste of time.. people don't come to hubpages and just stay here.. people learn alot here and usually after a year start to expand their wings out to other ventures.. in that light I think teaching them to do this regardless of its inherant HP value is anything but a waste... But I tend to think outside the box so maybe I'm over assuming many others do to. just my two cents smile

2. sunstreeks profile image81
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

No offense jerrico, but if I had taken all that time to write that up.. I would have just posted it in a hub. smile

To the hubpage newbies, if your looking for great advice use the search feature at the top of the hubpages site and type in hubpages. You will get a bunch of links that might not help but you will also find a lot of gems in there. If you haven't noticed yet, on the right side of hubs there are links to similar hubs. When you find a good "hubpages help" type hub, follow these links to find some of the other great ones....

Cheers!

I didn't think that was enough to make into a hub smile guess I was wrong...

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

OK, I have just opened a book on how long before Jerrico gets himself banned again.

I am going with three more threads.

I am offering 10:1 on anything over five lol

Gee thanks mark

4. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

I want to know what a hubbie is? is a rookie hubbie a recently married man.....jimmy

A hubbie is a new hubber, kind of like a kittie vs a cat smile Hubbie vs. a Hubber. smile

5. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Eaglekiwi has grammatical patterns that echo yours Jerrico; like watching a right-hander write left-handed or something.  I know, seemingly random observation on my part, but I am prone to whimsical stuff that means nothing. 

Anyway, I'm with Sunstreeks, this would have made for a hub.  Too long for a forum post really; I'm not sure forum surfers are looking for long stuff. Only reason I even skimmed some of it was looking for meltdown or something for entertainment purposes.  You could still paste it into a hub, put in some videos and links and stuff.

Yep now that I see it it would have made a  good hub, problem now is I can't delete it from here then post it there, the delete button has expired so its stuck here sad This is my first lesson on my site (I know that word is taboo but well, it is) and I tested it on a few newbies to try and they all said it worked well for them, took a few of them 3 hubs to get the concept fully concrete but said traffic was flowing pretty nicely to their brand new hubs (not hp traffic, google and a few google variations from different countries) so I thought I'd share. When I wrote it I didn't think it was this long, but after getting some sleep I see it- oops..

I was pretty tired when I wrote it but I figured it was "alittle" long but too small for a hub and figured newbies would read it here, the rest would ignore it... I'll keep my long posts to hubs from now on... what was I thinking? 4 hours of sleep, (20 hours of working) and I hadn't done my good deed for the day (I try to do at least one a day)...

Jerrico

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 15 years ago

Aww Shades ,think there was a compliment in there somewhere ,but if I missed it ,surprise me sometime....hehe, seemingly random observation on my part, but I am prone to whimsical stuff that means nothing. Same.

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Jerrico - as always, you have useful information but it's lost on most people, because they don't have the patience to read through all the superfluous words.

I know that in your other online endeavours, the more words the better.  But if you want to genuinely impart information, verbal diarrhoea doesn't work - people don't have the patience to plough through it.

Your Hubs - and your forum posts - are like diamonds.  You may think they look attractive in the rough, but they'll look much better if you polish them.

Thank you Marisa, I will work on it. This is a major goal in my SamurWriter account, I plan to transplant all my hubs on this one to that one but first seperating the hub into 1,000 words or less (there by making 3 hubs out of each of my lengthly hubs which generally also have 3 topics embedded in them smile

Simultaneousely I want to use all the SEO rules in filtering them across to that account, so this is already something I'm working on.. I'm sure once I get that down I'll get enough practice to do it everywhere else too.. its a work in progress.. but I hear you (all of you) just be patient with me as I learn..

Jerrico

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jerrico, I had to shorten mine too and I am glad that I have been working on that as my fingers get tired of typing so tired that they start screaming for a break.smile Only another learning curve and we are all in it together.smile

When I started writing hubs here people would scream at me to shorten them, I thought, I'll do it later, right now I just want to produce some hubs to mold later with seo... I did learn to shortent them but that just meant going from 5,000 words to 3,000 words smile I can't help myself.

I still have the plan to shorten them but the way I see it Now that I have 122 hubs published now is the time. I don't regret writing 122 longgggg hubs, because once I transfer them over to the other account dicing them up I'll probably have around 300 hubs in the fall out all seo charged.

I made 135.00 over the last year in clicks chump change I know but that was with no seo and no promotion whatsoever.. Now I have plans to convert all of those hubs of which 99% are minimum 3/ 1,000 word hubs (meaning it could be as much as 5 or 6 hubs each on about 60% of them) so my lengthly hubs may not have been read by many (actually quite a bit were read by about 300+ people) but in the new shorter versions I will have 5x as many hubs to convert, move over, and SEO filter, not to mention drive traffic to with my SA tools, so in the end I recieved alot of criticism, whcih I agree they were right, but they just didn't see what I was doing, nor was I successful in explaining it to them,

but I'm sure everyone will see the plan in motion when it reaches it's final stages.. I give myself a year to make this happen (because I have alot of other ventures in the works as well like my sites) it will become clear. I'm not saying writing long hubs is good or bad, for me it was good, I got to write to my hearts content (pun) and later slice it up like I wanted to and make alot more money utilizing the HP tools/monitization/SEO strategies...

If it fails and I doubt it will, then I've shown people what not to do smile that inherently has value, but if it succeeds I have a great story to tell (and money in my pocket). I've made my plans very clear in my hubs (I've written entire sets of hubs on everything I'm saying here, way back in the first 30 hubs actually so this isn't news)... in the end its not about not making mistakes, or not doing what goes against the public grain

It's about not taking the path that's paved, its about taking a new unpaved path and laying down the foundation... others may not do this but I do, and in the process they will mock me, tell me I'm nuts, tell me I do this and that wrong, but when I do finally make it work, then they will see...

If you build it they will come...

*Smiles*

Jerrico

2. sceptic profile image57
      scepticposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Marisa, I know a few of people don't like Jerrico's posts in forum's but I also know that a lot of people really like them. I know that a lot of the other newbies (not only eagle kiwi and my self)

Can't the people that want's to read his posts read them and the other people just read something else? This sound kind of fair to me...the people that complain about them seem to be the same people all the time. It just seems a little bit unfair that we have to miss out because a few people have a problem with it...I'm sure there are a lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes for people to comment on...so be my guest roll

1. SamurWriter profile image57
        SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Skeptic smile by the way...

8. mhei profile image58
    mheiposted 15 years ago

thanks for the tip, it would help rookies like us to get all suggestions possible to create unique hubs...what you posted though can be a hub ..just add some pics and ads and you have already created another informative hub. (hey,that's a compliment) smile

yep thats the consensus smile I already have all of this in several hubs by the way, I meant this to be a snippet, a quick seo lesson for rookie hubbers, but once again I wrote too much.. its a curse.. I hope my samurwriter account provides the exorcism (moving all these hubs over to that account after seo and cutting them up into 3+ parts each (3+ hubs)... my average hub is 3k words.. lol

Jerrico

p.s. you know what would be great? if the forum posts words started turning red once you wrote say more than 100 words smile so you knew you were getting a bit lengthly..

1. mhei profile image58
        mheiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

big_smile hahaha!!that's funny but we can always suggest that,right??lol

You know what would really rile everybody up.. if I published a hub on how to capitolize on newbie mistakes (like over writing a hub)   smile (it sounded funny in my head anyway)...

9. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

It looks like your post has helped, which was nice of you to do, and yes, maybe you could copy into a hub with a few tweaks! smile

That (this original post message) is the first step in my hubber training program, I put it up here for a couple reasons actually, rather I'm seeing that this post had more uses than I originally planned..

one to help new hubbers and to see how they'd react to the information (i.e. wow that was too much to fast, or this was helpful etc..) but I also realized that the opinionated (not an insult, we are all opinionated hence were all writers with hubs which are opinions down played as info, in fact I am more opinionated than all of you combined lol (I hope that translates right))..

writers would offer their brutal honesty on this (seasoned people like Lissie (thank you for your input by the way I really appreciated it, by the way lissie when I offer back my opinion I'm not discounting yours just offering my side so you will hopefully offer a friendly debate to give me more ideas and to allow me to see all three dementions of the issue, often after a few back and forth opinion posts I see enough to change my own angle, i.e. I will definately be mentioning that renaming pictures on hubpages is useless however using this trick off hubpages is valuable.. go lissie!) information.

I got what I needed from this post, and hopefully a couple newbies did as well... I will refrain in the lenghtly thread topics in the future however as it does not go over well.

Jerrico

10. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Changing the captions on the same picture can often result in more search results.  For instance, I use the same picture of the San Bernardino mountains on several hubs, but one about the Indian Rock Camp gets google image searches every day because this is a popular search topic.

1. SamurWriter profile image57
      SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

nice... I did after all turn this tip for rookie hubbies into a hub, mainly for my site to link to for one of the lessons in keyword saturation... its not half bad actually (just needs some pics then I'll publish it) It's essentially the first lesson Sweetie pie so you can read this and get started smile 5 hubs on this should drill it smile if you don't already know this much.. figured I'd start small and work my way hub. smile

Jerrico

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sounds interesting smile.

2. Jerrico Usher profile image57

Loving that picture on your profile SP.

11. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

roll roll roll

1. dingdong profile image57
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nothing much to say, baba? wink

12. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

smile

13. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 15 years ago

Well I might not be a smart man ...( or woman ).....but I do know what love is.........

I know what I like about your posts Jerrico ,and it stands out a mile ( or2.2 kilomitres from where Im from) lol

Is you show people Respect whether they are newbies or oldies so for that, you got my vote :cool

I try but many times I lose control of my "reactive mind"- but thanks smile

14. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Jerrico, as for the picture thing... I have pictures that I named 1, 2, 3, etc. on my computer, and I STILL get tons of clicks from google images. Are people looking up arabic numbers to get to reptile and dog pictures pictures? I'm pretty sure it's just pulling from surrounding text.

Otherwise, you've got good info there. A lot of info that I just scanned and didn't read, but good info it seems.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Whitney, I think Jerrico admitted somewhere that naming your pictures before uploading them is a waste of time on HubPages, because it doesn't transfer.  It's the caption that counts.  He said he gave the advice because it's applicable to other sites - but my view is, if that's the case, give the advice where it's appropriate and don't confuse people!

I agree Jerrico has some good info, I just wish he would express it more clearly.  It gets lost in the verbiage unfortunately.

at first I thought  it DID apply to hubpages, it wasn't until others pointed it out and I reinvestigated it that I changed my plea... but as far as putting it where it's applicable, you do realize most hubbers are not just writing hubpages hubs right?

They do blog sites, they do there own sites, they are writing everywhere else too, so relevance even if it was about that is still there. I don't limit my insights to hubpages any more than you guys limit your hubs to information about only hubpages. Based on relevance concept anyone who wrote an SEO hub ever on hubpages was wrong because they mention tactics that don't apply to hubs at all smile

However in your defense I was writing to "rookie hubbies" so I'm damned any way LOL one point Marissa smile Home zero. I'm getting better in my verbage right?

Jerrico

2. Jerrico Usher profile image57

Yea I'm completely on board with that being the case... My theory on the picture naming thing on hubpages is wrong, it's grabbing it from the picture text as it is also within the tags of the picture anyway smile but off hubpages renaming pictures has value... would be an interresting test to see if pictures with no subtext get ranked smile

Jerrico

15. SamurWriter profile image57
    SamurWriterposted 15 years ago

I finally released my hub based on this thread (so many people said it should have been a hub so I made it one (and greatly expanded it).. I think it came out pretty good too... take a look:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-Saturation-Strategies

Now we can put this thread to rest smile

Jerrico

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)