Okay so the ebay thing works how?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

I have ebay capsules on a few hubs and amazon capsules on most..

So in my ebay earnings section it says I sold a thing.

The "revenue" from the thing is x.

In my earnings report for eBay it has three columns:

Clicks
    EPC
    Earnings

Now, do I get the earnings from the "thing" I sold? Or do I just get the earning from the clicks (the earnings section in my report.) Or do I get both?

I am ultra confused.

Also, given my reports section, if my earnings there are higher than I'm seeing on Amazon (and I have a much larger number of Amazon hubs), should I try and add more eBay capsules and less Amazon capsules?

1. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Melbel:

Like amazon it takes some time to earn anything from your ebay ads. I recently activated the program and have earned very little to date. Like everything it takes time. But for me, it appears that the earnings are growing faster than on Amazon. I guess it is basically different for each individual and possibly what products that you want to show within your displays.  Also under your accounts tab, click under the earnings tab, than click on Ebay summary, it will give you a summary of how much you earned to date, in terms of cents.  If you earned nothing than it will display $0.00. Hope this helps you out.

Jl

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On your eBay Sales pages, near the top of the report, is a green button that reads "help."  Click that and read the long section that unfolds.

To see what you really earned, you will need to go to the earnings report and see what is reported there.

2. melbel profile image94

Yeah, I've got earnings and stuff in my columns, but do I earn the "earnings" from the section in the columns or do I earn the "earnings" from the item I sold? Or both?

Or are the "earnings" from the section with the columns somehow based off of the item I sold? If so, how is it divided up. Let's say I earn 23 cents on one day and 27 cents another. Where is this money coming from? Just clicks? Or is the item I sold somehow divied up over a number of days?

I'm just curious to figure out how I can take these reports (report of items sold, and the clicks report) so that I can see what I'm taking home ($$$.)

1. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Melbel:

I am not sure the exact answer that you're seaching for, as I am fairly new to the whole Ebay thing myself. However the learning section of hubpages has some good topics in relation to Ebay. Possibly you can find an answer or two in this one here http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/1-4- … r-network. If this doesn't help you than I know someone here on hubpages, that will definitely know the answer for sure. I will send a link copy of this forum over to him. Thanks for hanging in there with me Melbel.

Jl

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Melbel, I received an email from Jlbowden asking me to check out your question in case I could answer. But I see that relache just pointed you in the right direction, so no need to duplicate what you will read when you follow her lead. That help button explains it fully and also includes a link for further info in the FAQ section.

By the way, Jlbowden is one of the members in our local HubMeet. It's been a great venue for sharing knowledge about HubPages here in NY. I know you were running one too in Chicago. How has your group been coming alone?

3. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago

I would love to see some earnings. But out of over 80 hubs, it is not going well at all. I'm wondering if either of them are worth the time..

4. melbel profile image94

Thank you, Relache, that was really helpful. I'd checked the "help" section on the main site (up in the right corner) but couldn't find the answer there.

It was right in the little help button in my account as you'd said, everything I needed. Thanks! smile

@Glenn Stok
    I live in kind of an odd area where there don't seem to be a lot of hubbers. It seems like most hubbers are way south of me like in Indianapolis or all the way in Chicago. I wouldn't mind going to a hubmeet in Chicago if it were a decent sized one, but currently there doesn't seem to be much interest.

Maybe HubPages will come to Chicago for a HubCamp and then all these local hubbers would come right out of the woodwork.

5. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

Melbel, It's too bad that you don't have any Hubbers near you. Yesterday we just had our 7th HubMeet and it was another meeting where we shared a lot of information that helped everyone. I am having trouble getting more interest. I know there are some other Hubbers on Long Island as I can see from their profiles. But I don't want to send them direct messages as it may be considered spamming. So I just keep hoping they will notice it someday as it is mentioned in several places.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)