jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Adding links to my profile

1. Little Light profile image87
    Little Lightposted 5 years ago

My profile bio box appears not to have the 'link' and 'unlink' icons at the top of the box when I go to edit it. Slightly frustrating as I cannot even add a twitter button right now.
    Can anyone help???

1. brittanytodd profile image91
      brittanytoddposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Go to "my account".  Click on "profile".  The link icon (which looks like a chain link) will appear only when you highlight some text.  I hope this helps!

Little Lightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I tried that. The problem is they are not even there faintly. The undo and redo icons are there faintly and appear in blue when you need them however my 'link' icons are nowhere to be seen at all. I only realised they were meant to be there after reading a Hub on how to add links to your profile. You could see them there in their profile box in the photo but they are just not where they should be in my bio box.

How strange.  Are you using a browser with blockers like Opera?  If not, I have no idea why this would be happening.  You should contact team@hubpages.com and tell them your issue, but they won't be able to respond until the weekend is over.  What a strange issue.  Hopefully you can get it fixed.  Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you so much. I thought I would have to contact them in the end as it just made no sense. Thanks again for your help. : )

No problem.  I hope you get it fixed smile

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What browser are you using?  It works great in Google Chrome and Firefox.  Not sure about IE.

I use Google Chrome.

2. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 5 years ago

We have  had a discussion on this earlier ..this may interest you..but I am yet to verify the facts ... If this is true you need either an adsense account or wait for two weeks before you link to your profile ..
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/86817#post1861123

Welcome to hubpages smile

Ok... I wondered that. I have only been on for about a week so that could be the problem and I haven't had an adsense account approved yet (I tried when I first joined but I'm not sure how established you have to be before they approve it - is it purely due to hubscores or followers?).
      I ended up sending an enquiry to the Hubpages team so will see what they say. Although it seems slightly unfair that I cannot put any links up in my profile for the first 2 weeks. Oh well. will wait and see. Thanks for your help!

3. Little Light profile image87

Ok.. the link is there now - Horray! I obviously just had to wait. Thanks everyone for your help. : )

Yay!  I'm glad it works now.

4. Little Light profile image87

For future info (for anyone interested in this problem) the Hubpages team got back to me very quickly and said I need to be on Hubpages a week before adding links to my profile. I've been on 7 days today so it obviously just clocked over in the last few hours.

Oh, that is so good to know for new users.  Maybe they should state that somewhere, like when you try to click on the link icon?  Thanks for sharing that.  It will be good for others to know.

working