jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

What did I do wrong, and how can I fix it?

1. Nancy Owens profile image97
    Nancy Owensposted 5 years ago

I wrote a page about developing a home based business. I intended for it to be educational, but I received an email that the page was in violation for possible too many key words, wrong tags, and maybe even a deceptive title. How can I get help from someone more experienced to fix these errors. I had written another page about developing a home based business and developing a successful mindset. I went ahead and unpublished that one just in case it needs to be fixed, too.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Keyword stuffing isn't allowed.

Tags are to be related to the content, if you put tags that are not relevant to the content, then the hub will be pulled down.

The title? I'm not sure about that....but if it was labeled as "deceptive", then apparently it wasn't clear enough to inform the reader what the hub was about.

Nancy Owensposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am new to all of this. What exactly is key word stuffing? How will I know if my tags are relevant? I just typed tags that seemed to be related to what people might be searching for when deciding if they should start a home based business. The title was"Developing a Home Based Business".

I took a look at my sub  headings and realized I had written them like, "how much time are you willing to devote to your home based business?", so I went through and took all of those out.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't doubt that.
        Constantly repeating of the same "keywords", which also duplicate as tags on the right side of your hub. If you "stuff" too many of the same "keywords" into your content, then you will have a problem.
        You're not kidding are you? The tags you place on the right side of your hub must be relevant/highly related to the content.

Are you able to see it? If so, given what I have fixed, do you think it is safe to resubmit it for publication? It only has 1 tag now, and that is one that the computer suggested. Also, i categorized it as business and entreprenurship, so that should be okay, shouldn't it?

I have no clue what hub it is.
            From your latter comment below...I would say no it's not safe. I published a hub just recently on How To Create a Hub : Hub Creation. I suggest you read it.
            You need to have more than one tag.
            I don't see why not, but do read my hub though. It should help you quite a bit. Just click on my avatar and it should take you to my profile. I just wrote two(a pair) of hubs to help new members.

Thank you for your help and patience, Cagsil. I am going there now.

You're welcome. smile

Btw- Welcome to HubPages! smile

What does Btw mean?

Btw = by the way

working