jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is my draft hub commercial?

1. Leah Helensdottr profile image76
    Leah Helensdottrposted 5 years ago

I've written (but not yet published) a hub titled "How to Find a Superb Dog Groomer."  I used photos from the dog grooming business owned by my sister (with her permission), and provided the source and URL of each photo, which I understand is required.

Before I publish the hub, I want to make sure it doesn't violate any Hubpages rules, including the one about being commercial.  I've read what I can find in the Help section about this, but am unsure I've got it right.  I don't have an Adsense account yet, so is this an issue?

1. Shadesbreath profile image87
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have permission for the photo, you're fine so long as there aren't watermarks or the image isn't grainy etc.

Anything else we can't answer until you publish it.

Leah Helensdottrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do have permission, there are no watermarks, and the pictures are sharp and clear.  I'll delete all but one outgoing link, reread the draft hub tomorrow morning, and then publish it once I'm sure I'm in compliance.  Thanks for the help!

2. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

You could publish your hub and apply later for an Adsense account. It may not be good to have the URL on all pics.. they may get picked up for overly promotional.. so it would be good to mention that all pictures are from the same source.
    Hubpages does not allow more than two out-going links to the same site in a hub and frequently linking to the same site across all your hubs...
    I hope this is of some help to you.

If I understand you correctly, I should remove the URL from all but one picture, so there's only one outgoing link.  My intent is not to promote my sister's business (she's already turning business away); I was just trying to follow the rules on identifying the source of photos.  Thank you for your help!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Or you can add a line at the bottom of your hub saying where the photographs came from.

Thank you, Uninvited Writer!  Unfortunately, my sister didn't like the hub, and at her request I've deleted it without publishing it.  However, what I learned in this thread will definitely serve me well in future hubs.

working