jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Addition of provision of Display name of the author different from use

1. rambansal profile image61
    rambansalposted 5 years ago

Hubpages uses username as the display name of the author. This has created problems to me as well as to many hubbers who had chosen their user name different from their actual name that they would like to be displayed as Author Name on the hubpages.

Many other sites on the Internet have this provision. There I suggest this provision in hubpages too. This shall need only a minor change in the software.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

It would be too confusing having two different names.

Anyway, many people like to write under an alias or handle. Some people use their real name. If you're not happy with your username, you can start a new account, although you can't transfer your old hubs unless you delete them.

I write under this name on dozens of sites, but only a few people know my real name. And that's the way I want it.

3. rambansal profile image61
    rambansalposted 5 years ago

On many other sites, I write with my real name, and I am constrained to use the username. Many sites, including Google, Wordpress, etc have provisions of display names apart from user names. My writings here are not getting linked to my identity elsewhere.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Put your real name in your profile. Then people will know it is you. It is your responsibility to link your name elsewhere.

rambansalposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is already there in my profile. But when searches with my name for my writings, he does not get my hubpages.
        But I don't understand what is the problem of having a provision of a display name apart from user name, like many other sites on the Internet.

1. Cardisa profile image92
          Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What I do to remedy that is to place a copyright statement on my hubs with my real name and when I type my name in the search all my hubs show up. Example: "(c) 2012 Carolee D. Samuda, All Rights Reserved". That will definitely do it.

Sometimes I also place my name as a tag too.

rambansalposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This seems to be a very viable solution. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with me.

working