jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

"Malicious Links" warning... on a Hub with no links in it?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Yesterday I noticed that one of my older Hubs had the dreaded "red skull" warning attached to it in the "My Account" screen. This means there are potentially dangerous (malware/phishing) links in the Hub, which was news to me.

I have now edited the heck out of this hub. First I deleted two links I'd placed at the end of the article (to a band's website and to their record label web site) as I thought one of them might be the "bad guy" link. Once those were removed, the red skull still showed up so I removed the YouTube video I'd used in the Hub and even got rid of the Amazon capsule. Still seeing a red skull. Finally I went into the "suggest links" mode and got rid of whatever links to other Hubs I had placed in my Hub. There is now absolutely nothing linked in this Hub at all. Everything is gone...

...but the Red Skull is still there!!! How is this possible??

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

If there is an RSS feed, that could case it. Captions with links under images, too. Try to run a "check for violations" to refresh results.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nope... no RSS feeds, no links under images either. This particular Hub happens to be the first Hub I ever posted on this site, I didn't even know wnat an RSS feed was at the time. In fact I still don't. Haha.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Re-ran the "check for violations" thingy and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good. You are welcome.

working