jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)

First month witout Amazon sale

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

This is the first month in years that I haven't made one amazon sale--thanks Google!yikes

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you make plenty of sales otherwise? I've made just 2 sales last month (that was my first - nothing ever since)..

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 5 years agoin reply to this

yes I was implying that. I guess I needed to state that I make most of my  income from Amazon and then hp ads.

1. Fred Smedley profile image61
          Fred Smedleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Stacie L. Couldn't help but notice your post as I've very recently signed up to HP. Any idea why your Amazon sales have dipped? Rather burst the bubble of hope I had after reading HP's hype about their Earnings Programme.
          Hi lobobrandon, good to talk to you again.

2. lobobrandon profile image83

That's what I wanted to know smile

2. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

You're not alone, Stacie.  I've gone from a high of nearly $200 Dec. and Jan. to $20 this month.

I expected a large drop, but not 90%!

3. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Stacie, you may not be alone on this, nothing is happening at Amazon for me either. It is the conversion into sales that is the most noticeable, just not happening. I am never a 'succesful seller' type of hub writer but I do usually see some results, not this month though.

I started to think about what might have caused this. Then decided that maybe March is the month when you save your cents up for other things.

4. EmpressFelicity profile image78
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

My Amazon is pitiful now as well. My conversion rate is as good as it ever was, it's just that I'm not getting the views/clicks in the first place!

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I had a brilliant month on Amazon.

Thanks to selling some very expensive car parts (which I hope aren't returned), I had my best month since before Panda (apart from December).

Now if only my traffic would come back and boost up Hubads and Adsense!

Cool Izzy very happy for you smile I'm sure it will soon

2. CMHypno profile image89
      CMHypnoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great news Izzy! smile I've had an ok month for me with Amazon so far, although ironically my traffic coming back hasn't increased sales at all.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has been low for months. I am only getting about a fifth of the traffic I used to see.

Having said that, some of the sales I got this month were just lucky, because I don't sell car parts!

But I did also sell a Kindle Fire and I have targeted it. I also see plant and seed sales picking up smile

1. CMHypno profile image89

I used to sell a lot of jewelry from my gemstone hubs, but that has fallen right away probably due to the recession.  Jewelry is one thing that people can do without.

My traffic loss for months really knocked my Amazon sales down, and the Christmas period was a proper damp squib, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern now to what people are buying.

Keep promoting the car parts Izzy!

1. IzzyM profile image88

I hope I don't have to write a hub on cars or something!

I don't even know what the parts were - a $900 Tonneau bed cover, whatever that is, and a manual tailgate lock. Ditto.

Now if I knew about these things, I could write a great hub and get lots of sales smile

Sorry for going a bit OT on your thread, Stacie. It's not often I have anything good to report..

Ask a question about what a Tonneau bed cover is and get some traffic? Shame we can't show Amazon capsules on them lol smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

OK, I just did. lol

Hope it brings in tons of traffic and when you find out what one is, can you please let me know?

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

My very low traffic is the reason.
    This is the longest dip I've had.

My dip was from Feb 22nd up to March 23rd - the dip went as far to 30 views per day! One of my hubs that used to get about 100 each day was just getting 5 (That hub still is just getting 5 - 6) It's my other hubs that are doing somewhat better now. The amount is low but, the scale can be arranged and the graph will be the same as most of the hubbers here!

The point to note is that the hub that decreased in views has risen in Search engines and it's ranking higher for a variety of kewords that brought in regular traffic! I doubt that hub is a seasonal hub

2. cloudy days profile image59
      cloudy daysposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry StacieL - Things have sure been tough lately with the big G! I'm actually seeing an improvement with the latest changes in the SERPs with Amazon and AdSense, but I doubt it will last...

7. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I'm not suffering as badly as some people. My hubpages income is still a lot better than income from other sites. Wizzley promised a lot at the beginning but has disappointed recently. Squidoo won't let me publish any page with any potential to make money. My own sites that rely entirely on adsense are delivering the same views but less and less income.

It just seems to be a lousy month all round.

1. IzzyM profile image88

I made Hubads payout this month with time to spare, and I didn't make it last month (first time ever). In January, I only made payout in the last couple of days and it was touch and go, so this month has been an improvement for me quite apart from the Amazon sales.

Maybe April I will get traffic back...?

8. incomeguru profile image91
    incomeguruposted 5 years ago

I noticed an upsurge in traffic this week and mostly from google. However, there was improvement in adsense earnings but only 2 sales from amazon so far.

9. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

When you consider the overall state of the US economy combined with tax season, a drop in ads and/or retail isn't altogether surprising.

working