jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Wanting to move articles from another blog

1. Julie DeNeen profile image88
    Julie DeNeenposted 5 years ago

Hi there,
    So I just started writing on hubpages and created a personal account. However, I co-author another blog and am considering opening an account so we can use hubpages to post our content.

How long would I have to unpublish the content on the other site, so that I am not flagged with duplicate content? I know that it would still show up for awhile in google since the site has been up for six months

Thanks for your help.

Julie DeNeenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I want to clarify that I would open another account that my partner and I could use together, more for business purposes because I don't want to confuse personal and business income.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You have to wait until it is deindexed from Google.

Thanks. That's what I figured...though I don't quite know how long that is. Do you? smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure what you're asking, personal account? for writing personal journals? it's not popular. Personal writing about whatever interests and skills you have that may help benefit others, great! I'm not sure why you can't write in related topics that would 'complement' your other blog. Why would you want to remove one blog to start another whole site? You would be removing the 'age' factor. I'd highly recommend, just start writing in 'related' topics where your HP site and other blog, feed off each other. May help your SERP over all.

I guess I wouldn't quite know how to calculate earnings from articles published by my partner and I together, verses my own account where I write articles about parenting, food, etc. I didn't mean personal in terms of journaling, I was just trying to delineate between my own account and one my partner and I would use together (and split earnings). Is it easy enough to figure out what hubs are earning what?

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Once you set up Google analytics and add specific URL channels. You'll see all kinds of data smile popular vs those needing help, adsense, keywords, etc. I think you're able to separate them also, just not sure on the process. There are other analytic tools also like statcounter.

working