jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Problem registering with AdSense for new email

1. MarkLim81 profile image74
    MarkLim81posted 5 years ago

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up to Google AdSense for Hubpages.

However, I've recently moved countries, so I had to close my existing AdSense account and am trying to open a new one. Nightmare, as everything is linked to my original email account sad

Anyway, under the Hubpages 'Get Started' with AdSense, I answer 'No' to do you already have an existing AdSense account, and enter my new email address, and I get this message:

'It appears as though this email address is already in use with Google AdSense.  If you already have an AdSense account, we can add it to your Hubpages account now.'

Please help/advise, thanks!

Regards
    Mark

1. ankitharrytom profile image78
      ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago in reply to this
        MarkLim81posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I've read the link before, and I fall into the second category, whereby I was told to close my account and reopen using a new email address.

Which leads me to the problem above.

1. ankitharrytom profile image78
          ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If your Adsense account is already closed then you can use a different email id to apply for a new Adsense account

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image71
    Nouveau Skepticposted 5 years ago

You can't open a new Adsense.  It is a one per person, ever, sort of deal. They no doubt can tell you are the same person by IP address if nothing else.

3. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You need to contact them and have the old account cancelled and expunged before opening a new one.  Otherwise the system with just detect that you already have an account and deny you.

MarkLim81posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I already cancelled the old account. sad

Received the confirmation email in March.

1. psycheskinner profile image79
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well apparently it didn't take, if the account was expunged by Adsense staff, not just closed by you, this wouldn't be happening.  Closing the account on your end is not sufficient, you have to email them, explain your legitimate chage of address and have them change its status.  Basically, You need to contact them again, which takes ages but there is no alternative.  And be sure to use a completely new email address to open the new account.

working