jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Huge surge in Hub hits coming from 2 places. Something not right.

1. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

I have a hub out there that only had about 6-10 hits a day.  All of a sudden,  goes up to over 600.  Stats say it's coming from facebook,  m.facebook, & t.co, which is connected to Twitter.  I haven't been sharing it at all.  A large bunch of the hits coming from m.facebook is one of my FB friends.  It just seems like a huge jump for a nothing hub to go crazy. 

I'm afraid it will look like I have done something to get more clicks unfairly.  I just don't want to be cut off when I don't know what the heck is going on with it.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This has happened to me on several occasions. Overall it is not a bad thing. Views on your hub is not like clicks on Google ads. An increase in views is a good thing, however a sudden increase in Google ad clicks is not, lol.

Enjoy the surge. Over time I have been able to track several surges back to where the hub was featured on some related page that had the Twitter and Facebook share options there.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Most likely other people are sharing it, which is good.

donotfearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I know it's good, but it seems odd that all of a sudden it gets shared that much.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All it would take is one influential user sharing it in two places.

3. BWD316 profile image87
    BWD316posted 5 years ago

Sounds like a good thing to me! It's like going viral on a small scale! I had one of my hubs shared on Facebook and got close to 400 likes in 24 hours and I don't put any of my hubs on Facebook so it was a pleasant surprise! I don't think you will be penalized for it. Enjoy the boost in traffic!

donotfearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.............

working