jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Promoting a Specific Company...Allowed?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

AdSense and Amazon capsules notwhithstanding, is it allowed to write an article singing the praises of a particular business?

There is one small business entreprenuer I would love to feature--a company that truly understands the concept of customer service.  Whether you contact them regarding 'sales,' or 'customer service,' you are dealing directly with the owner.

1. BritInTexas profile image77
      BritInTexasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why not, as long as you check with the business first.  I have linked to an online business in one of my Hubs, and with any luck, that will drive traffic to them. 
      I have just checked the moderation guidelines and there is no mention of what you're asking, being an issue.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I did not find anything either, but was not sure whether there might be "implied" statements to the contrary.
        When in doubt, always best to ask and double-check.

2. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I've seen Hubs that promote a single business where I think "wow, what a great resource and balanced review" and others where it just seems purely promotional (which is one of the details of "overly promotional") and I hit the flag button.

It's a fine line.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi, relache,

ah,  ok, ic...that adds a further detail, and most likely a problem, Hub-wise, as this is a glowing review.  Perhaps better suited to my blog instead.

1. BritInTexas profile image77
        BritInTexasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think it's more than obvious when someone is overly promoting a business for their own personal gain, and it would depend on whether that person is a newbie, or, like yourself, someone who has good ratings, and more than a few hubs.  I wouldn't DREAM of flagging someone's Hub just for reviewing a business.  That would be awfully spiteful to do!  HubPages does a decent enough job of flagging prohibited content, so post your Hub, praise the business, and leave it to Hub pages to decide whether it's allowed or not... not someone randomly flagging articles that they personally deem to be prohibited!

working