- Education and Science»
Mother Teresa Great Quotes
How Far Do You Know Mother Teresa?
Before any further details, yes, what I mean is that before you know any further about Mother Teresa, one thing for sure is she did give most of the people the impression of her kindness.
Frankly, I do admire her much…yes, very much, and indeed, she is my idol since I am a child.
To me, she was such a great lady that could pour all her love and care to those who suffer and in need, and what’s that inspired me much was also her startlingly independent, her wish and strong will that call to the religious life and her work with the poorest of the poor…I have some thoughts over this actually especially right after the mother’s day few days ago…
Most of us are so blessed to enjoy mothers’ love, yet there are many of us don’t because we had lost our mom…though, we still miss our mom so much, we are still that emotional whenever we have our mother in thoughts…for those who still have mom by side, some may find it frustrating with mom’s nagging, but for those who lost mom just like me, we know it’s a cruel fact that she never ever could be back to us no matter how badly we long for the love…
A Little About Mother Teresa
However, in Teresa’s life of 18…a very small, quiet and shy ordinary young lady as being described, began her religious life in Ireland which is far from her family and the life she’d known and since then…
She never seeing her mother again in her life…this really made me sad and sorry for her but I really have to give my salutation and respect to her, a lady who sacrificed so much for those in need whom she did not even know…
She dedicated to all the poor, the sick, orphans, the loners, the homeless and the dying of the dying, in her age of 18 to 87, she never did anything for herself, but only for those suffering people…
I Need Her Quotes To Guard And Guide Myself
She really deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.
I am inspired by her universal love so much, and I have to admit that she really made me proud though I don’t know her personally, I love to stay connected with her wise words and quotes in my daily life…
Sometimes, and somehow…I do need such inspirational or I have to put it in a more appropriate way…I need her quotes to guard and guide me to be a better me every now and then…and I strongly believed that under the guardian and guidance of an angel, I won't be able to have any chance to become either a demon or a devil but be kind always and shower the love to as many people as possible…
Yes, that’s why I noted down her quotes for the reason. Care to let me share some of my favorites from hers?
Mother Teresa's Famous Quotes
1. If you judge people, you have no time to love them…
2. Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love.
3. Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
4. If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
5. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
6. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today, let us begin.
7. Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing.
8. Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.
9. The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
10. One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.
11. A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love.
12. Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
13. Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
14. Peace begins with smile.
15. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
16. Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure as long as you have done your best.
17. Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
18. God doesn’t require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
19. It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving.
20. Live simply so others may simply live.
21. Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly.
22. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
23. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.
24. If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
25. Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
26. A life not lived for others is not a life.
27. I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot, and together we can do great things.
28. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.”
29. Life is a game, play it.
30. Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile, smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.
31. I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.
32. Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.
33. Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.
34. The greatest science in the world, in heaven and on earths, is love.
35. It’s a kingly act to assist the fallen.
36. Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.
37. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight, build it anyway.
38. I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness.
39. Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in that action.
40. Do small things, with great love.
41. Give, but give until it hurts.
42. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
43. The way you help heal the world is you start with your own family.
44. If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out.
45. Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
46. We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
47. If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive.
48. People who love each other fully and truly are the happiest people in the world. They may have little, they may have nothing, but they are happy people. Everything depends on how we love each other.
49. The poor do not need our sympathy and our pity. The poor need our love and compassion.
50. Give of your hands to serve; and your hearts to love.
51. Love cannot remain by itself…it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that act is service.
52. It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.
53. Love is like a fruit in season at all times. Love can warm three winter months.
54. The hunger of love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
55. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
56. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them, help people anyway.
57. Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
58. Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
59. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
60. Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
61. Speak tenderly to them. Let there be kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile, in the warmth of your greeting. Always have a cheerful smile, don’t only give your care, but give your heart as well.
62. If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive.
63. There is no greater sickness in the world today than the lack of love.
64. We often cannot do great things but we can do little things with the great love.
65. Sometimes you need to do is hold his hand and give him a smile, to hear his words, this is enough.
Love Them Anyway
How do you find all these quotes?
I appreciate much for all these quotes from Mother Teresa actually for she opened up my mind and made me feel relieved whenever I was having grievance over those I care and love but hurt me in return.
I am still learning…learning to forget and to forgive those who hurt me much, learning to love them no matter how…yes, just like Mother Teresa stressed…love them anyway!
Does Mother Teresa inspire you much?
Frankly, do you know Mother Teresa?
Great Read You May Have Missed
- The Health Benefits Of Mulberry
Are you being tempted by mulberries? Hey, what’s in your mind now? Well, how about considering this very useful mulberry tree for the garden or on a commercial scale?
- Tips to overcome with the negativity and be confident
Pick yourself up, learn how to overcome the negativity and build up the confidence to conquer all your insecurity, hurt, fear, blue, helpless, hopeless and frustration...
- Nutrients In Petai - The Benefit Of Stinky Bean
Petai, which bears a nickname of stink bean, a delicious dish with full of nutrition. It helps overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions...
- Think About Cortisol, The Stress Hormone
If you were in the midst of challenging yourself with the stressful lifestyle,pick yourself up then with these useful stress management techniques...
- Best romantic love quotes for him
Men do love the sweet words as women do, who never wants to have the feeling of appreciation? Dedicate your love to him by send him some sweet quotes and ready yourself to see his sweet and blissful smile on his face...
- Mother's day love quotes and messages
It’s season about carnations, about gifts, about mothers, about love and about expressing gratitude for the great moms’ hardship…
© 2012 Injured lamb