A set of sensible New Year's resolution
What's new for the New Year?
Every year, there are sets of resolution we promise to fulfill that we believe will change ourselves for the better. From simple to complicated ones, we always focus ourselves to positive things for self-fulfillment.
The question is: Is it really important to set ourselves with these standard things to change ourselves every year? By simply uttering the word “I wish” and asking for guidance from God to change us?
Dr. Margarita Holmes, a popular psychologist here in the Philippines said that the sensible things to do when new year comes is to assess ourselves. What really transpired last year that can help you better in a positive way?
Holmes further explained that the most sensible resolution we should fulfill or eradicate are:
1. Achieving your dreams. This is the first thing we wish to achieve every year. Priority is the name of the game to fulfill it.
2. Getting rid of addiction. Some people are being involved in wrong activities like drug addiction. They should submit themselves to rehabilitation to redeem themselves from being wasted.
3. Maintaining a strong marriage or relationship. Erase all the doubts when you’re into a relationship. Marriage will be stronger when you positively say to your partner the things you want to change and also from him/her.
And the best way is to keep this set of resolution working throughout the year. The greatest challenge to achieve it is to push yourself to the limit and beyond.
I'll say the discipline will work throughout your life-changing transformation, not for worse but for the better.
In time, we will see a new you taking the right routes in life.
Tips for Keeping New Year's Resolution... and Keeping Them
All About New Year's Resolution
- Best Top Ten New Year's Resolutions
Of the many fascinating and unusual New Year's traditions, the annual writing down of New Year's resolutions, those self-imposed vows to improve, revive, or otherwise completely overhaul our lives, is one of the most interesting. The exchanging of re
- Funny New Year's Resolutions
Every year people make resolutions to change something about themselves or start doing something differently. Unfortunately, those new year's resolutions end quickly and they are back to the same thing again....
- bringing in the new year - superstitions, resolution...
New Years day brings in a fresh start, a new begining; at least it's suppose to. Much like the day to day superstitions we have about things, like: exit the way you came (if you enter someone's house via...
- How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution-Updated Strat...
Here we go again! Time to make our New Year's resolutions. Statistics show that although many people make New Year's resolutions, few find the means to achieve them. One article I read stated that up to 45%...
- Top 5 Ways to Keep Our New Year's Resolutions
Well here we are. It is now July and the year 2011 is half done. So, how many of us are still right on top of the New Years Resolutions we so faithfully and adamantly set 180 some odd days ago? I answered a HubPage question about New Years...