EXPECTATIONS FROM STUDENT TEACHERS
A. By the School Administrator
1. Get acquainted with the total school program. Ex. Pupils' club, after-school activities, using of playground
2. Maintaining and improving school community relationship needs attention in student teaching — good relations with parents of the children.
3. Note the kind of neighborhood or the community in which the school is located.
4. Follow policies promulgated by the school.
5. View student teaching as a realistic teaching experience. Act like a teacher, approach your class as a teacher should and be proud to be a teacher.
B. By the Supervising Teachers
1. Feel free to talk things over and to ask for help and suggestions.
2. Be mature and give evidence of a good cultural background in all relationships with children and coworkers.
3. Have a background of information about the extracurricular activities.
4. Teaching plans should be handed in before the day of teaching.
5. Be punctual.
6. Get acquainted with established classroom routines such as checking attendance, returning papers to students, etc.
7. Take care of the classroom and instructional materials.
8. Consider the pupils' level of understanding.
9. Simplify and clarify questions and directions especially in making assignment. C. By the Supervisor
1. Take the initiative in approaching the supervising teacher to secure help and advice.
2. Let nothing interfere with your work in student teaching.
3. Be careful of appearance, use of language, manners and speech.
4. Examine yourself as your supervising teacher, pupils and others see you.
Expectancies of Children
1. Dress like a regular teacher.
2. Act like an adult at all times.
3. Be friendly, helpful and firm when teaching.
4. Know the facts about what you teach.
5. Explain the work.
6. Give the children a chance to ask questions and give their ideas.
7. We don't like to be ridiculed or embarrassed, don't be sarcastic.
8. Treat all of them fairly and squarely. "No favorites".
9. Have more do's than dont's.
10. Have different things for them to do.