How to get a 4.0 in College; Advice from college student
How to Survive Your Freshman Year of College
If you are wondering what it's like to have a 4.0 in college well I will tell you what I think can help you. If you think you are barely passing a class and with all the finals coming up are you doing the right things? Probably not..So here is advice from a college student
1. Freshman year is the hardest. If you are in the fish zone right now I promise things will get better. When your a freshman you have hard classes like science, science labs, college algebra, governments, histories, speech, etc. Combining all of the classes you don't want to take is never fun, and there really is now true way to get past these. So if your having a hard time your freshman year don't worry it happens to every college student. Don't stress if your a freshman that is my advice! Try to do your best in every class but don't freak out if you can't do perfect these two semesters. All you can do is your best.
2. Coffee, Caffeine Pills, Red Bull, and Monster. All of these carbonated drinks are soon going to become your best friends. I know its not the best thing to do all the time and I don't suggest drinking these everyday at all! But you should really try them if you were up all night working on a paper and you have a test the next day, caffeine will really help you stay focused.
3. Find out about your teachers before you take them! There is nothing worse than getting a bad grade in a class because you have a bad teacher. I recently took a history class and she was awful. She dropped half of my class because they failed the first exam, not even giving them a chance to recover their grade. If you use a website called ratemyprofessor.com it will give you reviews for almost all of the teachers at your school. This website really helps especially if your a freshman or sophomore. College is hard and you don't need a bad professor making it worse. Be sure to check your teachers ratings before you sign up!
4. Save money and buy used books! Be sureto amazon, ebay and other sites to buy used textbooks. Unfortunately you can't buy all of your books used, there are some that are called "loose leaf" and these you have to purchase from your school and brand new. At my college some of the professors actually write some of the textbooks, and those can't be purchased used either. There are many textbooks that can be purchased used and you can save a ton of money. You may even get a book with good notes and that can help you on exams.
5. Forget the drinking, study and keep up your GPA! I understand that some students go to college just for the partying, and let me tell you there is nothing stupider. If you have free time I suggest you study, especially if you are taking more than three classes. The more classes you take the more study time you need. Go to the library, join study groups do whatever you can to keep up your grades. Your GPA is very important, especially if you are trying to get a job that looks at your GPA. Learn to say no to the parties and trouble, study and keep up your grades, it will be worth it in the long run.
6. Don't Cram for the Exam! If you decide to cram for a test the night before you will probably wake up knowing less than you did before. Most teachers help you during class with the information that will be on the next test. From experience I highly suggest to study a little bit everyday before the test, and try not to cram the night before. Also be sure to pay attention during class so you don't get behind. Do your homework and turn in your projects on time and you will be sure to pass.
7. Actually go to class! A lot of the teachers answers to tests will be said in class, so go and pay attention! If you pay attention in class and stay awake you will do so much better on your exams. Paying attention will pay off if you just listen in class. Only don't go if your sick or its an emergency, don't miss because you don't "feel like it".
8. Take notes! I'm not just talking about notes in class, i'm talking about making notes in your mind. When your taking your exams look and see what kind of questions they use, this will help you on future tests. If you try to understand your teachers testing technique this will be a benefit to you.
Everyone is capable of getting a 4.0 even you! It just takes a lot of hard work and determination. If you follow the tips I gave you then you are sure to get great grades. Remember to study when you can, go to class, and take mental notes. Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my other hubs!
- Its Almost Time for Prom!; Here are some tips on how to save money on your prom
Save money on your highschool prom!
- Random Fun Facts
Did you know that none of the Beatles knew how to read music? Well if your interested in funny facts like that then this is the article for you! Keep reading for more fun random facts.