Some of my favourite quotes:
1. Make each day your masterpiece by John Wooden
2. Everything you need is already inside. Just do it. by Bill Bowerman (Nike founder who in the early days used his wife's iron to try create new soles for his shoes.)
3. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. by Mahatma Gandhi (the Indian revolutionary leader who led India to peaceful independence from British. A trained lawyer, despite being the catalyst of the movement, Gandhi refused any positions after the country successfully rid of the Great Britain.
4. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. by Charles Kettering
5. Never, never, never give up. by Winston Churchill ( In his later years, Winston Churchill was asked to give the commencement address at Oxford University. Following his introduction, he rose, went to the podium, and said the above 5 words. Then he took his seat.)
6. If you cannot be a poet, be the poem. by David Carradine
Be the Best Whatever You Are - A Motivational Poem
you can't be a pine on the top of the hill
Be a scrub in the valley--but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
If you can't be a bush be a bit of the grass,
And some highway some happier make;
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass--
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
There's something for all of us here.
There's big work to do and there's lesser to do,
And the task we must do is the near.
If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail--
Be the best of whatever you are!
Inspirational Sayings Can Sometimes Be Subtle
Some inspirational quotes are only inspirational when we know who said it - or why they said it.
One example is a quote I remembered uttered by a 61 year old farmer name Cliff Young who entered a 6 days ultra-marathon race in Sydney.
He said, when competing against young professionals in an endurance racing he imagined "trying to outrun a storm".
He came unprepared, coming to a grueling race in gumboots and work galosh. But what made the quote remarkable is the fact that Cliff Young not only survived the harsh race. But he beat all the young professionals and won the race.
In fact he even broke the race records by over 5 hours!
A simple quote - "trying to outrun a storm" becomes so inspiring when we know who said it - or what happened when he said it.
Inspiring quotes can sometimes be this subtle.
Inspirational and Motivational Quotations
- 100 Most Inspirational Quotes the Devil Doesn't Want You to Know!
There are a lot of inspirational sayings out there. But to make things easy, here is a list off the best 100 quotes for any of us to start a day.
Inspirational Quotes Hubs on Hubpages
- Writing Quotes
Sometimes wry, sometimes sweeping, I find all of these quotes to be inspirational to struggling writers. "Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own." -Carol Burnett "Writing gives you the...
- Business Quotes
Sometimes we all need a little push or inspiration. These quotes by famous and successful business people may help. Get a little insight into how these driven people became successful. One thing I learned from...
- Success Quotes
I am a quotes maniac. I love reading success quotes and inspirational quotes of all kinds, from all different types of authors. I have many of these quotes memorized, and whenever I run into a challenging...
- Chinese Proverbs
A collection of Chinese Proverbs for the young and the old.
- Inspirational Life Quotes
This is a compilation of quotations I find inspiring. Not only do they ring with truth, but they serve as reminders for what I expect, deserve, and appreciate from life. I like to send fitting quotations...
- Happiness Quotes
Wonderful, inpiring quotes to give you focus and insight....
- Friendship Quotes
Are you looking for a great friendship quote to include in a birthday card, or just a "keeping in touch" card for an old friend? Here are a collection of some of my all-time favorite friendship quotes,...
- Love Quotes
A collection of quotes from men and women who have express their thoughts and feelings about this wonderful feeling called LOVE.