- A pole reversal is twists in the planet's magnetic field causing the magnetic poles to show up in strange places.
- On average the Earth's magnetic poles reverse every 250,000 years
- The Earth has not had a pole reversal in over 750,000 years
Woody Harrelson's 2012 character "Charlie Frost"
- The magnetic north pole is moving at a rapid pace of around 25 - 35 miles per year and moves on a daily basis
- Compass needles in Africa are drifting about 1 degree per decade
- Globally the magnetic field has weakened 10% since the 19th century