The Wordle, An Idea For A Thoughtful Priceless Christmas Gift
Get Your Wordle On!
Do you need an idea for a thoughtful, priceless gift? Create wordles for your loved ones and put smiles on their faces. Best of all, it will only take a few minutes of your time.
What You Will Need to Get Started
You will need paper and a printer. Colored paper or paper that is preprinted with a cool or fun design may be used. After creating and printing your wordle, a simple frame would be a great finishing touch. Frames and preprinted paper can be purchased at the dollar tree, if you don't already have them. And of course, I never forget Amazon.com, when I do not have time to shop or am unable to leave the house
Pinterest Ideas for Wordles
Here are a splattering of ideas and images to help inspire you with the creation of your first wordle.
Click on the wordle gallery above to see several examples of wordles that were created and published to the wordle site.
Read about the creator of wordle, Jonathon Feinburg who is an employee of IBM Research at http://www.wordle.net/credits.
Steps to Using Wordle
Here are steps to get you going on Wordle:
- First, go to the website: http://www.wordle.net/
- Next, click Create your own.
- Now brainstorm words that describe your loved one. Here is an example of what you might type: Cecelia, Cecelia, Cecelia, friend, friend, thoughtful, sweet, smart, caring. The words that are typed repeatedly will only show one time, but will be larger in size. "Cecelia" will be the largest, since I have typed it 3 times; friend will be the 2nd largest word, and all of the other words will be smaller and the same size.
- Tip: Visit http://thesaurus.com/ to get a variety of more meaningful words.
- Next, click "Go". Your wordle will appear in an editing window. Here you can change the language, font, layout and color of your wordle. At the bottom of the editing window, you will see a "Randomize" option. You can select this as many times as you like, and the program will automatically change the font, color, and layout for you. I like this option and use it often.
- Finally, you are ready to print your wordle! You can also save it to the public domain for others to see or copy code to place it in your personal website.
Don't delay, get your wordle on! Start brainstorming and get your thoughtfulness flowing!
How to Create a Wordle
- Great Buys In Home Décor
Change your home décor with a few small purchases. Make your home feel like a place you want to be with simple improvements that provide comfort and elegance.
- Love and Glamour
Tired of strong smelling perfume? Try Love and Glamour natural spray by Jennifer Lopez. I love it!
- I Love My Skagen Watch!
If you are looking for the perfect watch, here it is. Skagen watches offer so many designs and are high quality. Best of all, the price is affordable.