- Education and Science»
- Lesson Plans
To Kill a Mockingbird Test Questions
The following is a list of test questions from my own personal To Kill a Mockingbird unit. Students may use these to study for an upcoming exam. Teachers may use these in writing their own exams. Sharing is caring, so if you like my stuff, please pass along my link or check out my other sample tests using the links at the bottom of this page. Thanks!
1. Atticus teaches Scout to:
- stop daydreaming and focus on reality
- fight kids bigger than herself
- consider things from another’s point of view
- play football like a boy
2. Who was “the bravest person” Atticus ever knew?
- Miss Maudie
- Mrs. Dubose
- Tom Robinson
- Uncle Jack Finch
3. Which is NOT part of Jem’s description of Boo Radley?
- he is 6½ feet tall
- he has a long scar on his face
- he eats raw squirrels and cats
- he kidnaps children who are bad
4. What does Scout’s cousin, Francis, call Atticus?
5. Where is the novel set?
6. On her first day of school, what makes Scout realize she is different than the other students?
- she is not prejudiced
- she is afraid to speak her mind
- she can read and write
- she is rich, by the town’s standards
7. Which is NOT part of the plot of a story?
8. A novel can be defined as
- a fictional story with about 50,000 words
- a chapter book that is only about one story
- any long story, fiction or non-fiction
- a long book with little to no pictures
9. To Kill a Mockingbird is told from whose point-of-view?
- Harper Lee
- an unknown female narrator
10. The fire, the snowman, the mad-dog, mockingbirds and Boo Radley are all examples of
11. Who leaves gifts for Scout and Jem in the tree?
- Boo Radley
- Miss Caroline
12. Which of the following is NOT a gift that was left in the tree?
- two soap figures
- a stopwatch
- two new pencils
13. When Jem destroys Mrs. Dubose’s camellias his punishment is to
- read to her for 1 month
- stay inside the house for 1 month
- take her for walks
- write her an apology
14. What is unusual about the winter of 1885?
- it is unseasonably warm
- the children visit Aunt Alexandria
- it snows
- there isn’t enough money to buy Christmas presents
15. Whose house burns down?
- Miss Caroline’s
- Miss Maudie’s
- The Finch’s
- The Radley’s
16. Scout teaching Uncle Jack a lesson about parenting is an example of
- a metaphor
- a simile
17. The point of view in TKAM can be defined as
- 1st person limited
- 2nd person
- 3rd person, limited
- 3rd person, omniscient
18. “She looked and smelled like a peppermint drop,” is an example of
- a metaphor
- a simile
19. Which of the following is an example of a literary allusion?
- “You can’t understand a person…until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.
- “Let this cup pass from you, eh?”
- “It’s not time to worry yet,”
- “You’re real nice Uncle Jack… but you don’t understand children much."
Name the Character
- avid gardener who is very open-minded
- only comes to the first day of school every year
- father who treats his kids as adults
- the author of To Kill a Mockingbird
- the mad dog who Atticus kills with one shot
- mother-figure for Scout and Jem
- neighbor who battles a morphine addiction
- seals the children’s tree with cement
- a group who takes the Bible literally
- lives in Meridian, summer buddy
- Scout’s protector and best friend
- mysterious neighbor who piques the kids interest
- a tom-boy who settles disputes by fighting
- a poor student who comes home with Jem and Scout for dinner
- Learns a lesson about parenting from Scout