jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Pre-socratic notion of cognitive constraints

1. Jessie L Watson profile image94
    Jessie L Watsonposted 3 weeks ago

“The soul is dyed by the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.” - Heraclitus

1. promisem profile image97
      promisemposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

When you get old enough, meaning many decades of life, you realize that living a life with integrity is something that no one can take away.

2. Jessie L Watson profile image94

I certainly hope so. I'm 29 and have a modest set of gray hairs coming in. It feels nice to have departed the ignorant vacuum of adolescence.

3. cheaptrick profile image70
    cheaptrickposted 3 weeks ago

Huh...I'm sixty five and I still haven't found my way out of adolescence...I'm about as deep as a closed window...and I wallow in my failures as I chase the ghost of wisdom around inside my head...like trying to grasp smoke...and the illusion of existence precludes the understanding that we are merely the thoughts of someone who is real...in a way we will never apprehend...nor should we try...happy Thanks giving...

4. Jessie L Watson profile image94

Bravo, sir or ma'am. Beautiful writing.

working