jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you Think African Americans or any Minorities are qualified to run the Countr

1. ixwa profile image86
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

Do you Think African Americans or any Minorities are qualified to run the Country?

2. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 8 years ago

I don't think anyone is qualified for that job.  Not even the guys who have been doing it.

3. james62 profile image61
    james62posted 8 years ago

Yes, if they are qualified and have the years of experience and respect from BOTH minorities and the majority. I believe the reason Obama won was because there are a large enough amount of democrats anyway and the minority (which is not really the minority anymore) and the scores of youth that were told he had experience and he's black and CHANGE, was all that was needed to get enough votes! Plus it was up to the electoral college as to who won anyway and I'm sure that was known from the start who would win!

4. Danton Young profile image58
    Danton Youngposted 8 years ago

Of course, as long as they have been elected and can display the proper credentials.

5. EdG. profile image60
    EdG.posted 8 years ago

Ask that again when white people are a minority, not that they've been doing a fantastic job anyway.

6. MJFande profile image66
    MJFandeposted 8 years ago

I don't think race, religion, or gender really has anything to do with the qualifications for the leader of our country. Actually, pretty soon the white male will be a minority, according to some statistics that I read through (not 100% sure on the credibility of this). Of course, I'm not sure if any of our presidents have actually been qualified to make decisions that affect the entire world.

7. kdcvictory profile image55
    kdcvictoryposted 8 years ago

Yes we have the guts and the tenacity to survive and that is one characteristic of a true leader: tenacity.

8. WrightAmb profile image57
    WrightAmbposted 7 years ago

as long as they are qualified, skin color should not matter.

working