jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What makes you good and respected teacher?

1. profile image43
    jacksmith3299posted 8 years ago

What makes you good and respected teacher?

Please help me out i m pissed off in just 3 days of my teaching career, students make fun of me and I found their approach towards me seductive and disrespectfully. Should I follow these so called 100% working tips?

Help and suggestions are expected from people from teaching profession and students too.

2. hottobecool profile image55
    hottobecoolposted 8 years ago

be friendly to  every students..........

3. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 8 years ago

1)Since it is your start, do not worry too much about student comments etc.
    2) Try to prepare the lecture fully even for silliest questions
    3) Try to ask questions students in a conversational way, do not get bounced by their mocking, at first
    4) You should understand the individual problems and psychology of each student.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image78
    LeslieAdrienneposted 8 years ago

First, establish who you are if they are making fun of you and behaving seductively, call for intervention. You have to get your respect, otherwise it will get worse before it gets better.....

Call security and have the offending students removed from you class..you can't feel sorry for them...not yet....you have got to establish who you are.....please don't try and engage them alone and don't let the infractions go without having administration do something about it....

What they are trying to do is test you to see if you have any substance. Take plenty of vitamin C and get your rest. Don't try and be on their level. Be confident that you are in charge. Don't try and power them down and don't try and be their friend... don't try and solve their problems.

Every first year teacher has the same challenge on one leve or another...even with pre-school students...do what you know to do and don't become cynical.....hang in there, those students need you.....

5. Richard Zonio profile image59
    Richard Zonioposted 6 years ago

A good and respected teacher is first of all, you live to become a teacher.. Of course, one thing is be friend with your students. Always prepare yourself in a day-to-day  activities as a teacher. Students respect a teacher if they think a teacher is intelligent enough to answer all the questions raised by them.