jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the symmetries and dissimilarities between astronomy and astrology? Ple

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image69
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

What are the symmetries and dissimilarities between astronomy and astrology? Please write a hub.

2. romper20 profile image83
    romper20posted 7 years ago

I will have this done by tammarow.

Thank you for asking for such a unique hub.

I'll get right to it Jyoti smile

RomperHubber

3. Dave Hamm profile image76
    Dave Hammposted 7 years ago

Hello Joyoti,

Thank you for the request. I will take this into consideration, and give it some thought. (It may take some time to gather the required information.)

The direct response, of course, is that astrology is inclined to draw you to the conclusion that your fate is told by the stars. Astronomy, on the other hand, believes that the stars have nothing to do with fate, and your life is what you make of it.

Astrology was developed early on, and no longer follows the later development (of the science) of astronomy.

- Dave

4. BLemus2000 profile image52
    BLemus2000posted 7 years ago

They are two completely different things.  Astrology is the ancient study of the stars and their celestial positioning with the aim to predict the future, while astronomy is the scientific study of the universe and the different phenomena that compose that universe.  Interestingly, although astronomy and astrology are today completely different things, as I said, astronomy evolved from astrology throughout time.

By the way, I think that the word you should use in your question is "similarities" not symmetries.  You are asking for the similarities and differences of . . .

working