Which is the best best method to stop cigarette other than nicotine replacement

1. drbennytvm profile image60
    drbennytvmposted 7 years ago

Which is the best best method to stop cigarette other than nicotine replacement therapy

The most preferred method to stop cigarette smoking is nicotine replacement therapy. This may be in the form of nicotine patches or gum. Any other non pharmacological method available?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

The electronic cig. I can't say enough about it, but I'll spare you the agony. Here's a great site to get you started:

It's healthier, cheaper, and legal to use anywhere. Haha. The best things in life come in three!

3. beccadee profile image49
    beccadeeposted 7 years ago

Nicotine patches or any nicotine substitute like them only prolong the agony! Think about it - what is half the battle when quitting?....getting the nicotine to stop swirling around your system! "Easing" out is only dancing around the process not actually getting it done. The other half (or I think more than half actually) of the battle, is the mental...the fear, the void, the brainwashing....

I smoked for 33 years. Never a "2 packer a day" type, usually a half or if under great stress close to a pack...I tried quitting twice. First time with patches...agonizing....fell off that wagon a year later under stress. (Our apt. was broken into - very frightening) The second time, cold turkey, more agony. Fell off that wagon 10 months later because I thought i could still dally with cigarettes..."oh just this one at a party" Which proved to me that even though I had put myself through all the misery of quitting, I hadn't REALLY wanted to quit all along!

Third time; it stuck. Over a year now and with absolutely no desire to mess with the evil coffin nails ever again!

The theories behind Alan Carr's "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" (Audio CD, DVD) are sound. The nicotine takes generally about 3 weeks to leave your body....the physical is not the issue. Its the mental power they have over you that you need to beat. Once I had a handle on the brainwasing (both "theirs" and mine...) I was off and running.  I began to listen to the tapes in an almost semi-reluctant state....wanting to quit, hoping to quit but unsure if I could make it....afraid...

You have to do it sometime. This "method" was the winner for me. I wish you all the luck in the world. Do it! And have done!