jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The inland seas?

1. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

The inland seas?

I love the great lakes history, The  Edmund Fitzgerald ,  and the shorelines , and lighthouses .There is magic in the waters around us , no?
    And soo much lore , The shores of New Enland are magic  as well the northwest ," I am haunted by waters", Norman McLean ? Nice hubs by the way working my way through them , and thank you for the, comments.

2. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

So what is the question?  You could have always written a hub about how you feel.

3. Joni Douglas profile image85
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

Thank you for checking them out.  I am glad that you are enjoying them. 
    In my Michigan series, I will be writing about the inland lakes of Michigan which will naturally include the the inland seas, the Great Lakes.  Time being a commodity that I am short of this summer, it will be published later rather than sooner.  For that I apologize, but I will get it done.
    I do not know much about the inland waters of New England or the northwest.  Perhaps a future project for you to consider.

4. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Sorry folks this wasn't a question , it was meant to be a response to a hub , a beautiful one I should say.....by Joni Douglas......I missed.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure what the question is regarding the "Inland Seas."   I do know that from a reading of Australia's history, it was thought by the early settlers that there was a vast, inland sea in the centre of Australia.   This came about as, when the early settlers crossed the Blue Mountains (The Great Dividing Range) and found so many major river flowed to the west.   As it was, these rivers all linked up to a major river, the Murray, which flowed southwest to come out on Austalia's southern coast just east of what is now the city of Adelaide.   

There are huge, salt-lakes in Australia (inland) which are generally dry, but every now and again fill with water. Lake Eyre, is one example.   These, too, are sometimes referred to as "Inland Seas."

Closed to reply