jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are women smarter? Or, are men smarter?

1. Beamboh profile image60
    Beambohposted 7 years ago

Are women smarter? Or, are men smarter?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Gender doesn't play into intelligence, in my opinion. We should judge people on a case-by-case basis---and only after extensive observation.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I suppose it depends on how the individual wants to dress on a particular day, one day a man can dress smart and a woman dress casual or scruffy the next day could see a reversal.
    Anyone with any intelligence can see this is an inflammatory question that has no sensible answer and is just written to resurrect the battle of the sexes.

4. MJFande profile image68
    MJFandeposted 7 years ago

Dare I answer this question? Just kidding.
    I would have to say that gender, just as well as race and religion, has nothing to do with someone's intelligence. It depends on the individual.
    It's also hard to measure if someone is smarter than another. What one person is clueless about, the one that they are being compared to may be a genius about, but it can go the other way on another subject. Someone with a Doctorate will be said to be smarter than a fifth-grader, but have you watched that show, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader?
    Of course, if I'm being compared to my wife, she is smarter no matter what.

5. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

When looking over exams, exam boards notice that women nearly always happen to understand the question and attempt to answer all aspects of the question, whereas men seem to ignore the details of the question and answer only on a basic level. Men appear to be able to cope very well with one problem whereas woman can deal with many at once but not to the degree of accuracy that a man attempts