jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi this is Shaila, would like to know how many time an emergency contraceptic pi

1. profile image44
    shaila180680posted 7 years ago

Hi this is Shaila, would like to know how many time an emergency contraceptic pills should be...

taken, if a person has sex first time. Awaiting for your reply. Since i had sex with my to be fiancee though i have taken 1 pill after 4 hrs. on same day. Need to clear my doubts for our better future.

2. profile image44
    doc.helpposted 7 years ago

emergency pills are to be used--as an emergency
    they must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourseu cannot use emergency contraceptive pills as a routine contraception method.
    its risky.

since ur going to be married soon, what you need is to consult your gynac and start taking the regular contraceptive pills. u usually start them on the first day of ur periods.
    believe me, u will be relieved of all your anxieties about getting pregnant etc.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

If you don't have the wit to work out the intricacies of conception and contraception, you shouldn't be engaging in sexual activity.  Go and ask for advice from your doctor or local family planning clinic, once you understand, you will be safe to be let loose on the world.

4. vydyulashashi profile image57
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

the emergency contraceptive pill destroys the seminal activity and prevents sperms in fertilizing ovum. one tablet within 72 hours of unprotected sex will prevent pregnancy up to 99% and its failure is very rare. since you took within 4 hours there will be maximum protection.need not worry be cool
    but this is not the method of family planning,you should not use emergency pill as long term family planning method
    contact your nearest doctor and take suggestion

working