jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you were the leader of your country how would you reform education?

1. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 7 years ago

If you were the leader of your country how would you reform education?

What would you change?

2. GNelson profile image77
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

Talk to the teachers, they know what they need.  Give it to them. 
    Get parents involved!!! 
    Quit treating education as an afterthought to sports.

3. ginosblog profile image71
    ginosblogposted 7 years ago

The first thing I would do is qualify the teachers and do it yearly. Secondly, I would I would have the classrooms overseen by quality control personnel periodically to make sure there are no downsides to coming to class. No bullies, no harassment, no uncalled disturbances. Last, but not least, any students that did not want to learn and were constant distractions, would be painting the school, cutting the grass, sweeping the sidewalks, pulling weeds, etc...or be sent home for a few days. This crap is 80% of the problem. Someone has to step up to the plate and hit a home run my friends or it's not going to happen. The government can keep throwing money at it or they can fix it.

4. profile image46
    Noondaysnailposted 7 years ago

Way to say it ginosblog!  I just wonder if the administrative body of education isn't corrupt.  Shows all of the warning signs that a business would have in the "bad apple" scenerio.  Promises and plans and no apparent trickle down effect.  What you see on T.V. isn't what you see locally.  The whole system needs a decent external auditing agency.

5. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Get rid of "free" public education.  The U.S. did well without it during the formative years.  Government funded schools were founded to produce an uniform "product" for business to use.  Government funded "education" has turned into an expensive, bureaucratically top-heavy sinecure for second-raters (aka administrators and teachers).

I can hear the howls from here.  "What about the poor ("disadvantaged") children -- sob, sniffle?"  What about them?  They can be busboys and drywall hangers.  We don't need to import them from Mexico.

If YOU have kids, it is up to YOU to feed and educate them, not everyone else.  Why should others pay to raise YOUR spawn?

working