jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

what would the world be without a moon?

1. the_legend profile image56
    the_legendposted 7 years ago

what would the world be without a moon?

2. enterthehole profile image59
    entertheholeposted 7 years ago

Well the ecosystem would be changed beyond recognition. No tides and pitch black nights would effect millions of creatures.
    Also all those moths would be lost ! :0)

3. IdeaMorphist profile image64
    IdeaMorphistposted 7 years ago

thats weird it posted 2 answers....

4. IdeaMorphist profile image64
    IdeaMorphistposted 7 years ago

I just watched a TV special about the moon last night. It was saying the first time keepers relied on the moon bc it was the only way to break things down into an easily  countable system. Also, the most supported theory about where the moon comes from states that it was part of Earth, and a large meteorite collided with Earth, knocked the moon section out into a bunch of pieces, and then gravity reformed that into a sphere. Not sure if theres enough support to make that believable, but it is the most believable so far..... thats about all I know about it.

5. saanj H profile image77
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

Hi

The nights would seem extremely dark without the existence of the moon. The moon influences the tidal activities too. So, there would be a dearth of tidal activities without the moon. Moon plays a vital role in the eclipse. So, it would even affect the occurrence of eclipse.

For more such interesting facts I can suggest you a website that can give you full information on the questions related to science. log on to http://www.edurite.com

working