jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to develop my English pronounciation and vocabulary ?

1. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 7 years ago

How to develop my English pronounciation and vocabulary ?

2. kids-toy-box profile image77
    kids-toy-boxposted 7 years ago

Unless you are enrolled in an English Language class then its  a good idea to talk to native english sepakers.If this is not possible watching English movies does help. Prefereably not just recent movies but a few classics. Also depends if you want t learn British or AMerican Pronounciations.

3. Claudin_Dayo profile image59
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

about vocabulary, try a dictionary smile).. I agree with kids-toy-box that when it comes to pronunciation you should watch a movie with that language. I am having a Korean lesson and it really helped a lot watching Korean movies it does the magic of catalyzing the process of learning

4. sandun81 profile image57
    sandun81posted 7 years ago

pronunciation - listen & talk

vocabulary - read, read & read

5. kevin.baker profile image61
    kevin.bakerposted 7 years ago

When I first started to learn Chinese, I did so without a teacher. I listened to tapes and many other mediums to try to learn the language. Because Chinese was so different from English, I developed bad pronunciation habits. When I finally got a good teacher, I had to unlearn the bad habits before I could learn the correct pronunciation. My advice is to listen and imitate as much as you can, but also seek out a native speaker that would be willing to point out any pronunciation mistakes.

Sandun81 is correct about vocabulary. You must read, and read a lot. However, you must do your best to find materials that are at your level. You need to read at least 1 hour every day, and you should understand 95% of the text. For extensive reading, you don't want to be stopping every other word to find the meanings. Instead, you want to be able to find the meanings in context.

6. maresa.m profile image60
    maresa.mposted 7 years ago

Hi there, one of the best ways to improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary at the same time is to experience English as is used in Movies, Songs, Videos, Audio-books and Podcasts. There are simple steps you can follow to help you improve quickly and effectively. You can find them in my hubs; try and let me know how it goes!

working