For people who grew up speaking two languages (as a child) how would you describ

1. DTR0005 profile image83
    DTR0005posted 7 years ago

For people who grew up speaking two languages (as a child) how would you describe your...

experience? Did you/do you think differently in one language versus the other?

2. penter profile image58
    penterposted 7 years ago

I grew up speaking 3 languages and I normally think in my mother tongue since I use it the most. As a result of that, I am good at translating between the 3 languages.

3. the50marathons17 profile image85
    the50marathons17posted 7 years ago

I grew up speaking English and Spanish, and now speak five languages fluently. I can easily think in English and Spanish, and can translate fluently enough in the other three to appear as though I can think in those languages. I favored English because it was the language spoken in school, with my friends, and my sports teams.
    I believe the only downside to growing up speaking two languages is the grammar. My grammar in English is terrible (my writing kind of shows it) because only half my attention was on English, with the other half on Spanish.
    Today, I only think in English, but Spanish is still spoken in my household and if needed I can use that too.

working