What is the best telescope for a beginner?

1. The Gramicore profile image59
    The Gramicoreposted 7 years ago

What is the best telescope for a beginner?

I'm a budding astronomer by passion and I'm earning for my own telescope. In terms of learning by bare, I can already identify most of the constellations (northern hemisphere) but I think it would be better if I have a telescope to help me. I've tried canvassing online but I'm not really familiar with the jargons. Thanks!

2. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

I've got a couple hubs out on it.  Meade has awesome telescopes out there.  However, the cheapest and most reliable fun I've had was the GoTo telescope.  It comes in a light backpack and was meant to be taken anywhere.  It sets up easily within five minutes and there are no electronic parts to put together.

3. profile image0
    tonywobposted 7 years ago

Please have a look at my recent hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Choosing-your-first-telescope which discusses the different types of telescope and which ones are suitable for your level.

My advise would be to start out with a 3" Refractor telescope, these can found for example on Amazon.com. They are very easy to setup and use, and offer a good introduction.

Good Luck and Have fun.

working