They once said the earth was flat.........

1. profile image46
    cassiecavallaroposted 7 years ago

They once said the earth was flat.........

Then Leif Eriksson sailed west because some viking captian said he saw land. He found the land stayed for the winter. Then he went home and most people thought his tales were 'fables'. Then centuries later Christopher Columbus "found" America and people began to believe. So much so that people started to settle here. What if there have been sightings of living things beyond our earth? What if we find out all of our 'fables' are true?

2. tinaweha profile image65
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

It would not change my thinking in any way.  I only believe what makes sense and because there are so many other "solar systems" out in space, the statistical probability is that there must be life out there.

And, the older you get, the more you will realize that most of what you have been told is a fable to some degree.  Gravity is not a fable.  There are a few things that are absolutely true.

3. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Christopher Columbus "discovered" this country like I can "discover" your living room. The fact that we still celebrate that man is an atrocity to our common sense and human nature. If we were true humanitarians we would give back to the Native Americans that the settlers killed, raped, displaced, robbed, and tortured. But no, I'm sure they're happy with the peice of desert or swamp land we gave them.
    As to the rest of our fables, I personally believe that most of them are pure conjecture. I do not believe in ghosts, or that UFOs have visited our planet. And the "fable" that the Earth was flat was one based on pure fear and ignorance.