jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which do you think is the best to teach English language, Europeans or Westerner

1. leonardobapex profile image61
    leonardobapexposted 7 years ago

Which do you think is the best to teach English language, Europeans or Westerners?

2. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

Do you mean who is the best at learning it or who is the best at teaching it?  (It isn't clear from your question).  And what is the difference between Europeans and Westerners?  (Unless you mean Eastern Europeans).  Obviously it is probably best to have a native English speaker teaching English where possible so that students learn the language naturally and fluently.  Personally I dislike it when foreigners are taught American English since I am British and I do not think that American English is the truest form of the language.

3. LeisureLife profile image71
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Whoever is more qualified to teach?......

4. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

Firstly let me say I am an American and I am currently living in Brazil and helping people with their English. However, I am married to a Brit and people tell us Americans sound as though they have a mouthful of chewing gum when they speak.

This has come mainly from the French so of course, their opinion doesn't count.