jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best place in the world to teach English as a foreign language?

1. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

What is the best place in the world to teach English as a foreign language?

Some people are saying that they get the best pay and treatment in places like Taiwan. Is this true?

2. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

That I don't know but here in Northern Brazil they could use someone. The nearest official teacher is over an hour away in the capital of the state. There is a large port being constructed here which already is handling cargo from around the world. Anyone who is bilingual is quickly snapped up to work there in some capacity.

3. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5797158_f260.jpg

The answer for this question is relative. Financially, maybe the country like Brunei Darussalam is the best place to be an English teacher in this context, you can make more money if you teach there. But, to the satisfaction of the outcomes of the students that you teach; I think, Indonesia is best place to teach English, especially Sumatera Barat where I'm living, because the pronunciation of our English learners is so good compared to some other countries in which English is also foreign language.

4. Jyoti Patil profile image65
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Taking into consideration, China is the best place to teach English as a foreign language. Many Chinese people have started taking English classes for future economic possibilities of gains.

5. ncyberian profile image61
    ncyberianposted 6 years ago

England because its their own national language i am from other country but i must say they that i learn good English by living in England.

6. profile image0
    eslinsiderposted 5 years ago

That depends on you and what you are looking for.

Taiwan is pretty good for pay, yet I think Korea is easier for most to save money. I have taught in both, but I think the best pay can be in the Middle East.

http://eslinsider.com/starters-guide

working