jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I stop having these nightmares?

1. profile image46
    casey brunsonposted 7 years ago

How do I stop having these nightmares?

I have alot of nightmares that my husband is cheating on me and sumtimes I catch him in the act and he laughs at me. I always wake up sweating and my heart racing. sometimes when I wake up I feel like im still in my dream and  I start yelling and griping at my husband. Its really destroying our marriage

2. mdiggs1234 profile image76
    mdiggs1234posted 7 years ago

Im sorry to hear that you are going through this..I will try to offer my opinion on what you should do...First, the issue of, is your husband doing something or ever did have an affair?  If he did, and admitted to it and you two worked things out...this is good..
    If he has never had an affair...Do you have any trust issues with him ?   And you have to be honest with yourself and ask is it something you feel deep down...regarding your husband ?
    If this is not the case, then I would personally start reading from
    Psalms in the bible in the evening.   And pray before you go to
    bed to have your mind clear and peaceful...and to protect you
    from enemies of our peaceful sleep...and see how this goes..

Its something that is within you that you have not deal with head-on...let it go....and worrying is also a factor.
    Good luck to you..

3. Anne Pettit profile image70
    Anne Pettitposted 7 years ago

Dreams are your way of telling you what your subconcious is thinking.  They dont always mean what you think.  Ask yourself questions about your dream.  It may not even mean you are afraid of your husband cheating on you.  When you understand what your dream means and act on it, it will be replaced with another dream.  Maybe a more pleasant dream.

4. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Adding to potential issues with your subconcious mentioned by Anne Petit - do you ever think about your husband potentially cheating on you when you are awake? Or do you talk/work with people who discuss that sort of scenarios? Maybe your mother keeps telling you that men always cheat on their wives or similar stuff? What about TV series - do you watch anything that has this sort of plot coming on and off?
    We often dream what we have been thinking of during a day or where our focus was. It also can be your biggest fear and then it's somewhat still with you, affecting your sleep.
    Have you tried to watch something relaxing before going to bed, or day dreaming about some very pleasant things before falling asleep? It could help.

working