jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you think today's teachers compare to those you had when you were younger

1. ArtByCari profile image64
    ArtByCariposted 7 years ago

How do you think today's teachers compare to those you had when you were younger?

2. oldhorse profile image65
    oldhorseposted 7 years ago

The teachers I had when I was young are now little old ladies, if they haven't already departed this mortal coil, while today's teachers are still in the flush of youth.

3. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

HI

In comparison to the present day teachers, I feel that the teachers in the olden times were more dedicated and devoted towards the profession. There are a few who are still very much honest to the profession but the percentage is very low.

i find the present day teaching strategies are more mechanical.

4. profile image65
    Josh and Lindseyposted 7 years ago

While my teachers were mostly delightful older women, school focused in large part on worksheets and not a lot of hands on involvement.  Today's teachers, especially those who have graduated in the past ten years, tend to provide much more project-based and hands on learning.  There tends to be more choice, too, for students so they feel more involved in their education.

I also feel, despite what some people think about teachers being lazy, it's much more difficult to be a "lazy" teacher now than it was in the past (though I only consider one of the teachers I had in school to be a lazy teacher).  In the age of testing, teachers are held more accountable than ever before, and so now they have to work harder than ever before to provide a quality, well-rounded education for students.

working