This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you think today's teachers compare to those you had when you were younger

1. ArtByCari profile image66
    ArtByCariposted 7 years ago

How do you think today's teachers compare to those you had when you were younger?

2. oldhorse profile image67
    oldhorseposted 7 years ago

The teachers I had when I was young are now little old ladies, if they haven't already departed this mortal coil, while today's teachers are still in the flush of youth.

3. saanj H profile image74
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

HI

In comparison to the present day teachers, I feel that the teachers in the olden times were more dedicated and devoted towards the profession. There are a few who are still very much honest to the profession but the percentage is very low.

i find the present day teaching strategies are more mechanical.

4. profile image65
    Josh and Lindseyposted 7 years ago

While my teachers were mostly delightful older women, school focused in large part on worksheets and not a lot of hands on involvement.  Today's teachers, especially those who have graduated in the past ten years, tend to provide much more project-based and hands on learning.  There tends to be more choice, too, for students so they feel more involved in their education.

I also feel, despite what some people think about teachers being lazy, it's much more difficult to be a "lazy" teacher now than it was in the past (though I only consider one of the teachers I had in school to be a lazy teacher).  In the age of testing, teachers are held more accountable than ever before, and so now they have to work harder than ever before to provide a quality, well-rounded education for students.

working