jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the Consciousness that excludes the man from the animal?

1. infodetective profile image61
    infodetectiveposted 6 years ago

Is the Consciousness that excludes the man from the animal?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

The way the question is worded, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  We are separated from animals by our self-awareness and the ability to choose right from wrong.

I think.

3. Ancillotti profile image61
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

Not only awareness, but also its ability teleological, ie having in mind the product of your work before you even get it.

4. andrew savage profile image60
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

I believe what you meant to ask was: Is Consciousness what excludes Mankind from other animals?

The answer is a resounding "perhaps." It is very possible that other animals do not desire to be like humans so they continue the course of their diets, breeding selection, migratory patterns, etcetera.

Moreover, to assume that other animals are not conscious is an inadequate measurement of the psyche of life. All life exists consciously (most of the time {for example in dreams, and perhaps hypnosis, people are not completely conscious) and each organism has another level or paradigm of awareness or consciousness.
    This has been proven time and time again through countless years of trials, testing, observations, etc of humans, pets, stock, and other animals (trained or not).

working