This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Why sky is blue? Can anyone tell me?

1. khaledamindu profile image30
    khaledaminduposted 7 years ago

Why sky is blue? Can anyone tell me?

2. Larry Fields profile image79
    Larry Fieldsposted 7 years ago

Because our atmosphere scatters blue light more than other colors of light. However I don't know if the nitrogen, which comprises 78% of our air, or the oxygen (21%) contributes more to the scattering.

I have some yellow-tinted sunglasses that block out part of the blue. And when I go outside, my vision is slightly sharper with these, as compared with generic sunglasses. Why? Decreasing the scattered blue light makes the boundaries of objects--trees, houses, etc.--appear to be somewhat less fuzzy.

3. khaledamindu profile image30
    khaledaminduposted 7 years ago

OMG. its really nice. Thanks for sharing these information.It seems you know a lot

working