jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why is the sky blue?

1. Seckin Esen profile image90
    Seckin Esenposted 3 years ago

Why is the sky blue?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8880404_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Ummm.... because it would look funny if it were plaid?

Sorry, that's all I got.

3. rocksever profile image61
    rockseverposted 3 years ago

Do to the reflection of light is blue range by the water vapours in our atmosphere.

4. annajazz profile image84
    annajazzposted 3 years ago

When sunlight reaches Earth's atmosphere, it is scattered in all different due to the gases that make up our air( mostly nitrogen(78%) and oxygen (21%) though there is some argon, water vapor, and other fun stuff). Blue is scattered more then other colors because it has a shorter wavelength, a.k.a Rayleigh Scattering, that allows it to be, in a sense, knocked around more by the molecules. So, it bounces around and basically paints the sky, and voila! Blue sky.

5. csmiravite-blogs profile image68
    csmiravite-blogsposted 3 years ago

Blue has the shortest wavelength and is absorbed by gas molecules that gets splattered all over the heavenly skies. Since, you're bound to see blue lights from everywhere, the sky would look blue from wherever point you are. .

6. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

To some living creatures the sky is green. I think dogs see things in green. I don't know how other animals see it, but chances are the sky isn't really blue, but that's how we see it. Which makes the sky so much more multi layered than we realize, making it far more beautiful and interesting than what we imagined.

7. Hackslap profile image88
    Hackslapposted 3 years ago

The colour we see is actually the colour which our eyes absorb the most i.e. molecules in air scatter blue light the most out of the others within the VIBGYOR spectrum

8. srsddn profile image94
    srsddnposted 3 years ago

It is due to scattering of the sunlight in the atmosphere. Due to smaller waves blue is scattered more than the other colours. So sky will look mostly bluish.

9. brutishspoon profile image65
    brutishspoonposted 3 years ago

Why do we see a blue sky during the day read more

working