Why do you think our schools are failing?

1. salara profile image60
    salaraposted 6 years ago

Why do you think our schools are failing?

what change do you think needs to take place for them to succeed again? What is the one change you feel is the most important?

2. NathanielZhu profile image71
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

You're a priori assuming that schools are failing when on the contrary, children today have much more to learn than just a decade ago.
    International schools like IB (which I go to) essentially takes away a person's freedom to do anything except study.

It's ironic because EVERY generation will bash the previous ones. I hear it all the time. Past seniors calls us dumb - we call the freshmans dumb.

I think the illusion is created by the amount of privileges to things like cell phones and ipads children are now able to get. That makes it seem like students are getting a worse education and spending more time playing. What's the past alternatives to cell phones and ipads? Nothing anymore meaningful than what we have now.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

it is a mix of bad, lazy parenting and teachers who only work for the pay-cheque. though some would love to blame just the teachers, education begins at home and parents these days are more worried about carreers then about properly raising their kids.

working