jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you guys see the world in the next 20-30 years ?

1. juanb16 profile image57
    juanb16posted 6 years ago

How do you guys see the world in the next 20-30 years ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5210369_f260.jpg

2. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Increasing population and environmental degradation.  Likely a warmer world, as the effects of global warming start to be felt more strongly.  Continued strife and warfare.  That seems to be a bad part of human existence that we won't grow out of.  Perhaps the biggest change will be the end of the oil age.  We should be either using a new energy technology(ies) beyond oil or be quickly approaching the transition.  On the world stage, I see China as a more dominant country.  Balanced out by the U.S. and Europe.  Russian and the Middle East will be in decline as oil loses its influence in world affairs and they lose their oil revenues.

3. Awfranklin profile image60
    Awfranklinposted 6 years ago

haha gone and while I really hope im kiddng and would love to kick it here for longer.....its just not lookin great for the world

4. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

Better technology, an even more globalized economy/culture...I don't think the environmental issue will get much worse as it does seem like we as a species are realizing the importance of protecting whatever is left of the planet's biolife.

Also I feel that as time goes on, people will become more open-minded so things like religion, racism, prejudice, and other "thought barriers" between people will continue disappearing leading to a much more peaceful and united existence.

5. greenbergpaulf22 profile image56
    greenbergpaulf22posted 6 years ago

I don't envision the world to be any different in 20 - 30 years than it is now. The objects in the world will be different, but the world itself will be, essentially, unchanged. Technology is changing at a constant rate, true, but it won't necessarily change the world. It may change our habits, methods of productivity, or even our way of life as a whole, but the earth won't even notice.

6. TheWorldNow profile image72
    TheWorldNowposted 6 years ago

We the biggest thing I see happening is the second space race. I see people finding a renewed interest in space and hopefully we will have people on Mars and maybe even beyond by then.
    I'm sure there will be a few wars between now and then, but I hope efforts will be concentrated primarily on space, since that is the most important thing I think

working