MEN: Does the man whose never gotten over me after 30 years want to marry me or

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Katharella profile image76
    Katharellaposted 13 years ago

MEN: Does the man whose never gotten over me after 30 years want to marry me or not? Read below!

If a man says he wants to be in your life forever, that you are his everything, but later says "we can't do this or that because we are not married" is he just afraid to ask out of rejection - fear, or is he trying to evade the topic, or get me to say it? He says I don't think of us as an "US" and I need to be in that mind frame, so is he just afraid to flat out ask or saying he doesn't want to be married due to circumstances? I'm confused! I don't want to be the one to ask, I feel it's the man's place to ask that question! Men, HELP me inside the male brain?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

like the female brain, there is no straight answer to how us guys think. each person is different. it seems that maybe he is unsure what he wants so you may in the end have to do the asking yourself. don't ask him to marry you but you could hint at the idea that you want to get married and that you don't want to wait for much longer to be asked, but ask in a subtle way.

3. dkroskens profile image61
    dkroskensposted 13 years ago

Hi Katharella
    It sounds to me like there may be a lot of confusion on your part ( and rightly so) and possibly some internal confusion on his part.  I'm being generous here, so go with me on this one, ok ?  communication is a really big piece of any relationship in my opinion.  Unfortunately, most couples do not have the same ability to communicate clearly.  There are a number of reasons for the problem, too many to go into here.  What I suggest is that you come to a clear understanding of what you want out of this relationship and state it as clearly as you can , with respect and dignity, for yourself and for him.  Ask him as plainly as you can if he is able to meet your needs, and if he wants to. Prepare yourself for either answer.  Remember  "in limbo" produces  frustration, anxiety, and in general a lower quality of life.  One in which you may consider the cost to you( in mental anguish alone) then decide if  that kind of life is worth it. On the other hand, if you come right out and ask him if wants to marry you, cut to the chase and get your answer. Then you can decide to move on or stay in the same position you're in.  You have a lot of power, stay calm, and remember you are the best caretaker of you !

4. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 13 years ago

Men are decisive when they want something!
    If he wanted to marry you he would ask you.
    Women waste too much time trying to "figure out" what men are saying. It's not that deep!
    Life is short move on to someone who can put together a coherent thought and express himself in no uncertain terms.

Having said that if your heart is set on marrying this guy then (propose to him) and see how he responds. If it's not an instant "yes then you know he's just been stringing you along.
    You have every right to be proactive by asking for what you want. It's better to know where you stand asap so you can decide where you want to put your focus. Best of luck!

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 13 years ago

He might be afraid of commitment or of failure if he marries you. However do let him know that marriage is what you desire and perhaps set a flexible time frame. Don't corner him, just subtle hints may do the trick, if not then you have to take a stand and decide.

6. furnitureman profile image61
    furnituremanposted 13 years ago

You know, we are living under different cultures. We, Filipinos, value so much sexuality. Most of our women, especially those in the countryside, never agree to premarital sex. Your bf's attitude is fine. I admire him. That happened to me with my first gf. He asked me to do something to her, but I refused. We parted ways. Two years after, we accidentally met again but I had already a newborn baby and she was still single. I could sense feelings of regret on her face. I rejected her request because I was still studying in college. I was a self-supporting student and if I cannot finish my studies anymore because she is  already pregnant, life would be very difficult for both of us. But she did not understand me. Same case maybe with your bf. Respect his decision. He is a good man, I suppose. Good luck and may God bless you always. Pray!!!

7. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

Well,because he is not sure or he is shy,this is what you can do:
    say to him, that if you ask him,hypothethically,to marry you,what he would say.
    The key is to mention word"hypothetically".
    You will put him at ease, because whatever answer he gave you,it will have no obligatory sense.
    But you will know for sure what he wants.
    Besides that, try to figure out do you want him as husband or no?

8. LeeWalls profile image61
    LeeWallsposted 12 years ago

I don't want to be the one to tell you because I really don't know you and I don't know him, however it sounds to me he's not interested not just in US but in marriage.

After 30 years and he's still wondering, give me a break. Please don't make excuses for him because that's where women always fail. They make excuses when deep inside they know it's not right.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)