jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why Are There No Support Groups For People With Chronic Pain?

1. legitimo profile image44
    legitimoposted 6 years ago

Why Are There No Support Groups For People With Chronic Pain?

2. Nspeel profile image75
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

It is called a group of friends that smoke marijuana and all sit and a group and talk about how much better you all feel.

3. legitimo profile image44
    legitimoposted 6 years ago

I thank you for your answer Nspeel,But I am Looking for those who are injured or have been injured and was put on medication not knowing it could become an addiction.Not looking for those who are of people  using just for the fun of it knowing it can become an addiction.There are N.A ,A.A.A, I am doing research for a friend and she ask me to speak on it with the member's of hubpages to see what I can find out. I Truly Thank Everyone For Their comments good or Bad.

4. LegendaryN8 profile image58
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

There may be support groups that are related to your specific ailment.  For instance, if your chronic pain from cancer, there are cancer support groups.

5. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Here in Canada there are many support groups for people with chronic pain. If you do a search for groups for chronic pain, many sites are listed for both the USA and Canada.

6. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

Like everything else you're looking for in life, you just have to ask around, do your research and dig.  Be grateful there are more support groups to chose from than say--10 to 20 years ago?  Ask other people who suffer from the same chronic pain that you do.  Ask your doctor, therapist, hospital spokesperson, health care professionals, etc.  Check your local newspaper and the throwaways for schedules.  There is always hope and people out there who are willing to help you.  Don't settle for the ones who say, "I'm so sorry, but I can't help you."