jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

One of my articles has been copied on another site! Help! What should I do?

1. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

One of my articles has been copied on another site! Help! What should I do?

2. SpiffyD profile image83
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

Ultimately, you have the option of filing a DMCA complaint against the website. However, before that, you can use less drastic measures to get results. This happened to me before and I simply messaged the administrator of the website or left a comment indiciating that the material is copied and showing the original source. Sometimes, it may be necessary to threaten to file a complaint against the website. Often, that is enough to get the copiers to remove the offending content from their site. In my experience, it helped.

3. cephla profile image59
    cephlaposted 6 years ago

Almost all the content on my sites, articles, and hubs get copies somewhere or the other. I myself have tried threatening to file a DMCA notice but honestly, it doesn't work!

You can either go ahead and actually file a DMCA notice, which will cost you money, or you have the option of just letting it go. It is after all the Internet; everything has duplicates online.

I personally have chose the latter. Since my content came first anyway I don't notice any fall in SERPs. In fact, sites with duplicate content are the one penalized by search engines; that's punishment enough. Unless of course you know you way around programming.

Most websites have backward security protocols. You could always *cough*produce the desired results*cough* with some programming knowledge.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Like other have said, it happens. Notify the site ownership and they should be able to take down the stolen content. You should also let everyone know what site so that they may check it for other content that may have been copied from them.

working