jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is the world is going to be end in 2012?

1. Akshat.verma profile image37
    Akshat.vermaposted 6 years ago

Is the world is going to be end in 2012?

2. The Optimizers profile image62
    The Optimizersposted 6 years ago

I read something about the earth spining slightly off axis next year and the world is going to end or some crap.

If it does, none of us will know much about it, so just carry on and have a laugh while you are here and enjoy yourself! smile

3. CeresTine profile image57
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

Allegedly on December 21, 2012.

Does this mean I have to put off Christmas until after the 21st?!

4. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Xmas is after the 21st, (sigh).

It's an astromony thing & the precession of the Earth.  Right now we all supposed to be in a little mini ice- age, so thank god for global warming..

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … vitch.html

5. catspirit profile image60
    catspiritposted 6 years ago

I was in Cancun last year and took a journey through a Mayan village. I was priveleged to see the restoration of the antiquities. I asked a Mayan what he thought of the 12/21/12 date on the calendar. He laughed and said, "You Americans, we ran out of room."

6. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Sorry to burst bubbles, but the whole Mayan Prophecy craze has been taken way out of proportion. When the original calendar was found, no one ever deemed it neccessary to consult the locals and ask for an interpretation. The calendar is based on a galactic cycle. At the end of it, a whole bunch of celestial nonsense aligns with the dark rift in the Milky Way. Can you guess what happens after that? The cycle repeats itself. Very anti-climactic.

7. Becky Swift profile image58
    Becky Swiftposted 6 years ago

I thought the world was suppose to end already, so has the date changed again lol
    what the point in speculating on when its gonna happen, might aswel get on with life and make the most of it smile

working