jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is the Mayan Calendar true and precise about the 2012 rapture?

1. profile image49
    juansanlaksaposted 6 years ago

Is the Mayan Calendar true and precise about the 2012 rapture?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

No it is not. If you talk to any archeological expert on the Maya, they will tell you this is a hoax.

3. LoriSoard profile image73
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

The Bible says that no man knows the day or the hour of Christ's return, so no it is not correct. However, it is interesting and makes for some unique conversations. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who believe the rapture is imminent at any time, so it COULD have the year right. In a nutshell... no one knows. smile

4. samanthamayer profile image71
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Well, do you believe that an ancient race is more credible than modern day scientists, whose knowledge is built upon centuries of research? If your answer is no, then be confident that the world is not going to end. Even if your answer is yes, the Mayan calendars simply finished at 2012 and why we have concluded this signifies the end of the world I don't know...

5. lokoyizone profile image78
    lokoyizoneposted 6 years ago

I cannot say yes neither can I say no.

Let us wait till the end of 2012 and then we will know maybe it is true or not.

6. helmutbiscut profile image75
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

My calendar ended on December 31, 2011, and the world didn't end on that day.  I'm pretty sure it won't end when my 2012 calendar ends either.  The Mayans probably either ran out of room to add another day, or just decided that they had gone far enough into the future and could safely stop writing dates down.

7. Freeway Flyer profile image90
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

I'm amazed that people still take the notion of any kind of rapture seriously. The early Christians thought that the end of the world was imminent, and by imminent, I don't think that they meant sometime in the next few thousand years. Clearly, they were wrong then, so why is anyone still basing their views of the future on the writings of these people?

working