jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best civilization in human history?

1. Iulian M profile image60
    Iulian Mposted 6 years ago

What is the best civilization in human history?

2. Review-Nation profile image59
    Review-Nationposted 6 years ago

In my glance When animals (Apes) entered in social age as Human because it was the biggest miracle of universe

3. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I'm going to have to go with the first known civiliazion; ancient Sumer (Sumeria). It is believed to be near the location of what has been referred to by archaeologists and theologians as the "Garden of Eden" under the Persian Gulf; though I am not religious. I find the Sumerians fascinating because of their tales regarding the Anunaki (those who from heaven to Earth came). They seemed to understand basic astronomy, i.e. planets revolve around the sun. How could a 5,000 year old civilization have known things that Westerners didn't learn for centuries? Also, Sumer is the best because it was first as far as we know; and I always respect dibs.

4. thebeast02 profile image85
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

The Romans or Chinese. Many people don't realize that the Chinese have been around since as early as 1700 BC, and some believe even earlier than that. Many of the "discoveries" in the west were founded by the Chinese thousands of years prior.

The Ancient Romans did bring about many of the things we see in today's society. Education, Math (thought the Greeks has a basic form of it), Science, an expanded Literature, just to name a few.