jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think Henry VIII would have thought about his Daughter Elizabeth I a

1. Caerleon profile image80
    Caerleonposted 6 years ago

What do you think Henry VIII would have thought about his Daughter Elizabeth I as a Queen

What do you think Henry VIII would have said about his daughter if he had been able to meet her at the end of her life given how much he wanted a son to rule after him?

2. Lord De Cross profile image83
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

Well, he would have kneel down and kiss her hands. His heart in deep pain..wouldn't let him saya word... wiping his tears and still mute, he will look down in shame. His wives woulkd come from behind and would drag him  back..to the pit of hell.

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

I seriously doubt if he would've liked it, male chauvinist that he was.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

He would have been jealous of her successes, but generally approving of her tyrannical methods and policies.

5. Jools99 profile image92
    Jools99posted 6 years ago

He wanted a son to succeed him so much that he dumped his first wife(Catherine of Aragon) for his second (Anne Boleyn) and his second lost her head so he could marry his third (Jane Seymour) and she gave him his son and died in childbirth.  He would have been more proud of Elizabeth than his daughter Mary as queen (she was a bit of a protestant burner!) but he would be too narcissistic and chauvinist to accept that she was a good queen (and a better monarch than him).

working